Your advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 07 to the dealer for oil change and first ****** service. They also recomended that I have both diffs and transfer case fluid changed ($224).Went to dealer because its still under warranty. What do you think about the price and how vital is it to have it done.

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO IT!!!
If doing Yourself ( more fun and less $$$ ) keep receipts of fluids and take pictures of the job.
Use good RTV, dino 85W-140 for diffs, ATF+4 for T-case ( I use DexIII but I'm nuts...).
A big syringe ( type that would scare You to death, but without the needle :) ) to inject fluids
(start with T-case...), Grey RTV, 5 qt of gear oil, 2 of ATF+4 and You're good to go.
Wash hands carefully afterwards ... gear oil smells...

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to interested in doing it myself. I was a do it yourself kind of guy but now I would rather pay someone to do it for me.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you still have the powertrain warranty, I would let them do it. Then there is no confusion should something go wrong in the drive line components.
$224 is reasonable at dealer considering they quoted me $399 for front & rear diff & transfer case in Canada.
Needless to say I have a good mechanic that did them all for $150.
Regarding frequency of the front diff & transfer case, should be done once a year and the rear diff every 20k Miles.
Transmission service on mine is flush/filter every 2 years, and now that I have a drain plug on my PML ****** pan it will get drained and re-filled every 30k miles.

Last edited: