Yea... I gotta be out of my mind and bored...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously thinking of buying these 2 jeeps...

You must be registered for see images

2006 4wd has motor and decent body, bad trans, and had an interior fire while the trans was out (how the **** that happened no idea.) they're asking $700.

2005 4wd, 121k on the drivetrain, body is hurt. they're asking $1800.

thinking if i got the pair for $2000 total, lifted everything from the wrecked one (wiring, interior, drivetrain) and dropped it into the fire damaged shell, I could make one good one and i'd still have a shitload of parts to sell.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It would give you something to do all winter. Looks like it would be fun. :favorites13:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are the right color for you too......that is too tempting. Spare wheels and tires alone would be worth it.

Dave

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth it indeed. If I had room and time( obviously two major factors) I would try doing this kind of stuff. Would your plans be to sell the jeep, or to use it?

Bert

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably sell it.
although if the wife would be willing to drive it, I might wrap and store it for when I need to work on her car.

the real question is... how much damage to the metalwork did the fire do. not to mention things like ECU/SKIM and key locks. stealerships around here are populated by tech morons, so getting VIN #s changed in the computer could be a hassle.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but rewiring pretty much the entire jeep sounds like a nightmare. Assuming the unibody is straight, i would use the body panels from the burnt Jeep to replace the ones on the banged up one. Then again...it doesn't look like the unibody is straight...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't change out a bunch of parts on those NJ rustbuckets for the finished product
FREE.

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said I was bored. :D

plus, I've done full electrical, interior, and drivetrain swaps between identical vehicles before. it's not THAT bad.