WTF is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crack? Cut? Casting? It is very uniform. Doesn't seem to go down the front or back side. Power steering pump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 89

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a ricochet from one of these;

You must be registered for see images attach

Just be glad it didn't cut the belt or puncture the radiator on it's way into your engine compartment!!!!

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you consider how the pulley is made, it'll make more sense. That is a 2 piece pulley, with an inner hub and the outer (ribbed) part that would have started out as a flat piece of steel, then wrapped around the hub and welded on. So, the outer ring has to have a beginning and an end. It's not necessary to create extra work and machining to weld the joining ends, as it's not going anywhere. The simple condensed answer is, the pulley isn't damaged, it's supposed to be like that.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a ricochet from one of these;

You must be registered for see images attach

Just be glad it didn't cut the belt or puncture the radiator on it's way into your engine compartment!!!!

Bob

When you consider how the pulley is made, it'll make more sense. That is a 2 piece pulley, with an inner hub and the outer (ribbed) part that would have started out as a flat piece of steel, then wrapped around the hub and welded on. So, the outer ring has to have a beginning and an end. It's not necessary to create extra work and machining to weld the joining ends, as it's not going anywhere. The simple condensed answer is, the pulley isn't damaged, it's supposed to be like that.

I think Bob is right, I'm going to check mine now!

Bert

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CJ, you're no fun at all.:slap:
:gr_grin:
Bob

Now that I think about it more, it's possible a previous owner cut off their old serpentine belt with a sharp utility knife, slipped and sliced right through the pulley. Yep, I bet that's what happened! :happy175:
p.s., happier now?