WTB: Assorted 1st gen KJ stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hey gang!

I'm shopping around for various bits that some of you may have lying around since it is about to rain sideways here for the rest of the day
I'd rather pay a fellow KJer (Cage-er?) than some faceless used parts dealer on the web charging more for used than new parts and I know some of you are lucky enough to have the space for a parts corpse...
Truthfully, I don't really need any of these beyond the seat belt assemblies (as mine is dangerously ragged) but my VW restoration genes are still active and I cannot seem to ignore my ridiculous urge for things to be "just right"...

Anyway, I am looking for the following quality of life bits:

Door mirrors, power: GTP power, fold-away
control switch assembly P/N 56010696AA
Wheels, OEM Steel:
4 each center caps- any condition- P/N 52090401AA or 5HT59CDMAA (? not sure of the difference between the two) Prefer the cast aluminum or stamped aluminum over the chromed plastic.
Seat Belt Assembly:
Driver side front shoulder P/N 5HG331J3AN
Driver side front lap latch P/N 5JW101D5AB
Center console armrest lid:
entire part or just the vinyl cover, in black, mine is gray and has years of literal elbow grease in it I cannot get out.
Rear Swing gate:
wiper motor cover P/N 55076650
panel, liftgate, lower P/N 5GE89BD5AJ or 5GE89ZJ3AJ
Door handles:
For some reason my Sport has lots of Limited trim parts and the chromed door handles look like garbage. Sure, I can refurb them to black, but I don't think it is worth the effort...and it is driving me insane that they don't match the swing gate handle... So Id be interested in either all four doors in black OR a swing gate in chromed finish.
OEM Radio:
Mine has the "RBK" but the volume control is wonky and I am tired of having go get clean skivvies as it tends to turn itself up to MAX at random, yet won't let you turn it back down...

And, don't laugh too hard, an OEM Hella light bar...in any condition...because my wife says they look "cool"...and you know the rules about wives and wrenching on junk cars...and Hella branded stuff speaks to me as a reformed VW nut.

I can provide shipping materials and return labels if need be. If you are relatively local to the Omaha area, I'm willing to pick-up/tear out the parts myself and I'll throw in a case or bottle of beverage of your choice (and perhaps pick your brain a little bit)

Shoot me a PM!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just a bump and a few other goodies I am looking for:

OE jack kit:
All my 07 came with was the plastic carrier, the actual tools are all missing. Don't actually need this stuff, but I'm a bit of a completist.

OE rear cargo shelf:
I'd rather fabricate my own, but the wife wants one "that will properly match"...she fell in love with these shelves when I made the mistake of buying her a first model year Equinox. Happy wife, happy life as they say...

OE front recovery hooks:
I bought a set of 3rd party copies, but If someone wants to sell me their old set, I'll return the new ones. I really don't trust the quality of the set I ordered for 140$.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the chrome door handles are aftermarket and held on with 3m tape...you should be able to just pry them off to reveal the stock black handles. Or go to ebay and buy the chrome tailgate handle so they all match. Whichever your OCD prefers lol.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I thought the same, but these are most definitely bolted on. Very strange, and horribly corroded!

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a bump and a few other goodies I am looking for:

OE jack kit:
All my 07 came with was the plastic carrier, the actual tools are all missing. Don't actually need this stuff, but I'm a bit of a completist.

OE rear cargo shelf:
I'd rather fabricate my own, but the wife wants one "that will properly match"...she fell in love with these shelves when I made the mistake of buying her a first model year Equinox. Happy wife, happy life as they say...

OE front recovery hooks:
I bought a set of 3rd party copies, but If someone wants to sell me their old set, I'll return the new ones. I really don't trust the quality of the set I ordered for 140$.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a set of OEM front recovery hooks if anyone is interested. Come with attaching hardware (bolts, etc.) Removed from wrecked Liberty. If interested I can email photos. Havn't got the hang of posting pictures here.

libertybob

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread.

I am looking for relatively cheap, used 06/07 steering column switch assembly. My foglight/headlight switch has failed to the point the factory foglights come on automatically with the low beams.
Being a cheapskate, I figure some yinze might have one in your box of salvage.

Latest posts

Members online