Would this be easy to install on my KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardest part might be finding space for it. Then just hook up the wires. Chrysler used to have a weird horn setup, hot to horns then to button to ground. Not sure what they have now.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a place for me to find the mating connector used on the horn wiring harness so that I can just disconnect it and rewire the other side of the harness to mate with this horn?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt that you will easily find a matching connector.
You would need to find a different male/female connector set, cut off existing connectors and fit the new connector set.

If you want to first try out your existing setup you can disconnect the existing horns, piece the existing wiring with sharp pins or needles and connect your new horns onto the exposed pins/needles. You can close the hole in the insulation later with some glue or melt the plastic with a soldering iron.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt that you will easily find a matching connector.
You would need to find a different male/female connector set, cut off existing connectors and fit the new connector set.

If you want to first try out your existing setup you can disconnect the existing horns, piece the existing wiring with sharp pins or needles and connect your new horns onto the exposed pins/needles. You can close the hole in the insulation later with some glue or melt the plastic with a soldering iron.

That's a great tip. Cool idea.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Junk yard, cut off connectors you need and go from there
My Caddy horns, 4 of them, Deville etc up until early 80s , are done that way, very easy
By the way, Caddy horns are 4 note horns, A,C,D and F and rated over 120 db