Working w Perkins Performance on Custom Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRIVERAKK

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum even though I frequently check it out. I decided to join to inform as many KK owners about the production of aftermarket bumpers for the KK's. I've been working w Perkins Performance to get a front and rear bumper. He has done the measurements and will start the production for the rear and then will move to the front. I just want to inform you guy that a group by will be in place for those interested to start saving the bucks.
If interested in the price:
Rear:
Retail $1095
If we do get 5 orders from a group buy we will offer them at 10% off for $985.
Front:
The front will retail for $985
+
Shipping:
Shipping per bumper to a commercial address: $185, or $315 for a set of front and rear.

RRIVERAKK

Reaction score
This is an image we came up with.

You must be registered for see images

RRIVERAKK

Reaction score
Yeah, It will come w 1" shackles mounts, plus you could add a full guard or a grille guard. I asked him to make another including those things but he has not gotten to me yet. But Shackles will come standard. I'll post the update as it comes to me.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but to show a new product you might want to talk to the owner or admin to be come a sponser first. but hey thats a sweet lookin bumper your plannin. do you guys pla on having any kj bumpers?

RRIVERAKK

Reaction score
I'm not affiliated w Perkins performance. I just own a KK and I'm trying to get someone to Fab it for us. We could take advantage of a group buy. I was thinking of having him do both front and rear but now I'm considering just the front. As for KJ bumpers, ARB has made them and maybe someone else, so I'm not having him make them. I'm just trying to give us KK owners an option as for aftermarket bumper.

JeepKK

Reaction score
Will the bumpers be able to have a winch inside the bumpers? So it will have shackles? What kind of steel is it made of?

pogue3one

Reaction score
Hello

I am also new to this forum, but this caught my eye. I was wondering if this group buy ever happenned. If not, has anyone here bought a bumper from this company?

Pilot143

Reaction score
This was posted on multiple sites. One site mentions that a different person called Perkins Performance back in Oct 2011, and they would not be making any bumpers front or rear now or in the foreseeable future. and nothing is on their website listing this as something you can buy.

Ted15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a similar post on lost that I responded to by calling who I think was Perkins. The guy told me that he didn't believe that the KK had enough strenghth and he canned the idea. The cad drawings look the same so I'm pretty sure they're the ones I was thinking about. He was very surprised when I told him that the tow hooks were rated at 5000#. That still didn't convince him to continue making them.

Ted15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was posted on multiple sites. One site mentions that a different person called Perkins Performance back in Oct 2011, and they would not be making any bumpers front or rear now or in the foreseeable future. and nothing is on their website listing this as something you can buy.

I think that was me. They had the outside all done on the computer, but when it came time to attach it, the guy couldn't figure out how to do it. Pretty sad when I've seen people make decent bumpers for the KK who have light skills welding.

Latest posts

Members online