WK II Oil changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be a drain plug ('10+ LR's don't), a regular dip stick (no electronic in the EVIC I guess)...and is it a lifetime filter like the JK?

Just wondering, and thanks.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What you have to do with the newer LR's is suck the oil out through the fill tube...

Thankfully the LR3 is just like anything else where you have to remove skids...

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
eww kind of screws the do it yourself mechanic unless you spend $ on equipement.. but i guess if yo have a LR youre not hurting for $

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This is a very good question which I do not know the answer to because I neglected to actually pay attention to it. When I see them, they are engineless. And a lot more "less", as they barely even have wires. Not even the instrument panel. But I'm pretty sure it has none of that crap.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very good question which I do not know the answer to because I neglected to actually pay attention to it. When I see them, they are engineless. And a lot more "less", as they barely even have wires. Not even the instrument panel. But I'm pretty sure it has none of that crap.

Ok Marlon, you are our inside spy. tip-toe over to the other end of the line and peek.................:D

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ok Marlon, you are our inside spy. tip-toe over to the other end of the line and peek.................:D

Dave
Yeah, I stay away from that section because I have really grown to like this big behemoth. I like where I am, a bare shell. Keeps me from going to buy one.

It has gotten so bad that I have let the Jeep clunk to keep me from trading it in or selling it. Eventually I will just get over this "New Vehicle" thing. But it's taking way too long. :p

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If/when I go look at a new one I'll check it out. Not that it would keep me from buying one.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
wk2 has a canister filter in the front center of the engine's V and a drain plug at the back of the pan.

Oil change on a WK2 will be a 5 minute affair.