Window Sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came across the window sticker for my KJ yesterday in the pile of paperwork the dealer provided. Looks that someone was hungry for part of the bar code.

Can anyone shed light on what data would have been in the missing corner, and why (I presume the dealer) would tear it out?
You must be registered for see images

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a conspiracy plot from George W. Bush against you. Either that or it ripped off as they were tearing it from the window.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea why, but that is where the VIN number is located on the sticker. I hope they did not give you a sticker from a different Jeep!!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
styng88 said:
Perhaps it's a conspiracy plot from George W. Bush against you. Either that or it ripped off as they were tearing it from the window.

That should be a red flag right there.....dealers are no longer allowed to remove window stickers, EVEN IF YOU TELL THEM ITS OK, they still can't touch them. I'd take it up with your dealer if this was the case and maybe even call Chrysler direct to check on the situation.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
LOL. First, thank you for reminding me that I still had my Window Sticker. =P~

Second, yup, that's your VIN and VIN Barcode?. I wouldn't know what to do in a situation like that, however, I'd be very afraid that I had the wrong Jeep. ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is your VIN number, and it shows the port of entry... Toledo, Ohio, USA!

I do love reading the sticker again! Love the KJ!

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visited the dealer today, and they ordered a new window sticker. Say it will be about 2 weeks. I wonder if it's covered by warranty :-k

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that it was illegal for the dealer to remove the window sticker. I have never had one left on a vehicle without asking for it.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny, because the dealer took mine off and the sticker is torn in the same spot.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I was told that when I picked up my KJ at the dealership. The sales guy was sitting in the passenger's seat and I said "Oh it's fine, you can just pull that off the window." He said he couldn't touch it, even if I said it was ok. I was told the same thing when I went in the day before I picked her up and she was still in the shop being prepped. I said that I wanted to save the the sticker, and the guy in the shop said he wouldn't touch it because they're not allowed to remove the sticker. Maybe it's been a fairly recent thing, but I dunno. That's just what I've ben told.

Stainz05

Reaction score
I went to my dealer's website and printed a copy of the CRD Liberty I drove's window sticker... does your dealer have a website? You can always do a search starting at jeep.com... get your car's actual VIN first.

Stainz

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer removed mine, too, but it was as a courtesy (I was right there when he did it, and he peeled all the stickers off and did the razer blade thing to get the tape off the windshield from another sticker). I should take a photo of my window sticker, it looks great with my name on it :-D