Window regulator arm replacement clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aj_austin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The window regulator on my KJ went out again (4th time woohoo), so this time I decided to get the steiger metal replacement instead. Everything went fine and dandy in putting that stuff together until it was time to clamp the regulator arm on the pin on the bottom of the class assembly: i put the little clamp in angled, so i missed the top of the metal pin from the window. I couldn't really pull it out easily so I used a screwdriver as a lever (seemed like a good idea at the time). The levering flung the little metal clip nowhere to be seen, since I was working outside. Do you guys know where I can get a replacement for that little clip? I've called 2 dealerships here in the Austin, TX area, one told me that the clip did not exist (!!) and the other one said that the clip was part of the regulator so I would have to buy the whole regulator from them.

Tl;dr version, where do I find a replacement metal clip for the arm/window junction, like the one in the picture below?

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!CBglz4QBmk~$(KGrHqZ,!iwE0GK3+gWQBNICM+5)qQ~~_35.JPG

Right now I have a binder clamp that I bent with some pliers holding (loosely) the window in place, but I was looking for something more permanent. Any suggestions ?

I've checked the parts website in the FAQ but I couldn't find one of those clips. :(

barryh

Reaction score
I can not pull up the picture of the clip that you want so I am in the dark. However I buy all of the various clip styles at any of the bearing shops-- where you would go for wheel bearings or similar. Cannot offer names as I am in Australia--see how you go