Will this radio fit my KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Signe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock radio in my '03 KJ Limited stopped working and nothing I've tried can get it working again. According to the build sheet, here's what I've got:

Radio - AM/FM Cass/CD/Equal/Chgr Ctrl
Audio Ctrls - Steering Wheel Mounted
Speakers - Six, Premium Infinity

Here's a picture of it:

Anyhow, somebody has offered to sell me the stock radio from their '05 KJ Sport (see pic below.) What I want to know is whether or not it'll be a direct fit. I don't want to have to get an adapter, faceplate, etc. I'd like it to be a simple and direct swap.

Thanks!

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should, mine has that second one, its an option from factory so it should be direct replace

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There is no should... it will. :) Unplug yours and plug in the new one. Done in about 10 minutes or so. All of the connectors are the same.

tumanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my local dealer on this, the Liberty stock players are supposed to be swappable straight across with no modification... i think the types of players are RBQ (6 disk) RAH (single disk CD) RB1 (Navigation) there's several others depending on the year like RBB, RBK. But from what the service guy told me their all interchangable, one of the 6disk ones (the one that doesn't specify integral don't remember which one) has a mod that takes up the net area in the cargo space of the jeep, it's side mounted. But as far as the wiring harness they're all the same including the sub out, and steering wheel controls.

I could be wrong to I'm starting a he said she said chain here so check my input above before you act on it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There was a in-dash 6 disc changer available, but I can't remember what year Chrysler released it. No cargo area mods necessary. :)

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my local dealer on this, the Liberty stock players are supposed to be swappable straight across with no modification... i think the types of players are RBQ (6 disk) RAH (single disk CD) RB1 (Navigation) there's several others depending on the year like RBB, RBK. But from what the service guy told me their all interchangable, one of the 6disk ones (the one that doesn't specify integral don't remember which one) has a mod that takes up the net area in the cargo space of the jeep, it's side mounted. But as far as the wiring harness they're all the same including the sub out, and steering wheel controls.

I could be wrong to I'm starting a he said she said chain here so check my input above before you act on it.
The RAH isn't just a single CD, it also plays MP3 CD's. 175 tracks (or so) versus 20 tracks. You can have the 6 disk changer in the dash AND have the one in the back too if you really wanted to.

There was a in-dash 6 disc changer available, but I can't remember what year Chrysler released it. No cargo area mods necessary. :)
Most times you have to run the harness from the back to the dash. The harness comes with the kit.

Signe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed it fits! It took about 10 minutes to do the swap.

Thanks to forum member Scott (GA05SPORT) for selling me his stock radio. I plan on upgrading some time in the future, but right now I just needed to get the music going again.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same size DIN chassis, so it will fit in the same opening.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it should just plug into the same wiring harness as well. The only thing you loose is the tape player.

yeah, Wireing harness is the same. Quick presto-chango.

Results may very

Lol, didnt see you had already done it.

Gratz.

Last edited: