will cragar soft 8s fit on stock lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "stock lift"? Your stock suspension? As in, you haven't added any lift to it, right?

mopartilidie

Reaction score
yea stock suspension sorry. and yea i found some other ones that i liked. bolt patter is right, and they're offset for rwd jeep which is what mine is. but its a 15x8 not 15x7. will those work w/out a problem?

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
we have verrrry tiny little wheel wells in the front.. i beleive the 8" wheel will rub your suspension..

let Tom or tjkj chime in.. but as the research ive done thats how i understand it.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
the 15" rims have to have 4" of backspacing or less so an 8" rim will stick out an inch more then a 7" rim. a 7" rim with 4" of backspacing will rub even with a small 30x9.5 unless you are lifted. an 8" rim would make it worse, not to mention you shouldnt put that narrow of a tire on a 8" rim anyway.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about this
rather than spend $40 per rim ,$200 (5 rims)
save some more money
lift the Jeep and put some man tires on there
unless your current rims have a problem that can not be fixed

mopartilidie

Reaction score
b/c along with the lift comes 600 worth of tires and 200 worth of rims, and the lift is 750.
1550 for all that or 200-400 for wheels.
I just wanna give it a better look now yunno? b/c im gonna have to wait til after college or after its paid off to lift it and all

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
stock tires will probably still rub with the 16x7 due to the offset. in my opinion it would look better just by getting some meatier tires on stock rims, you could even paint them black if you wanted. i had steel rims before and got rid of them because they are super heavy and killed my mileage and power.

mopartilidie

Reaction score
im gonna take it to a 4 wheel parts store near me and have them give me an exact measurement of the size rim i can fit on there stock lol. this is too confusing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not confusing at all
you need to stay as close as possible to the stock backspacing due to not being lifted and by the small amount of room you have in the fenderwells when stock.
Most aftermarket wheels do not work that well at stock height , plain and simple
do like J-Thompson stated get a good set of tires and go from there. Tires help 100 %

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b/c along with the lift comes 600 worth of tires and 200 worth of rims, and the lift is 750.
1550 for all that or 200-400 for wheels.
I just wanna give it a better look now yunno? b/c im gonna have to wait til after college or after its paid off to lift it and all

new rims serve NO function
lift does
tires do

and like I said is there a problem with the stock wheels?
I would still be running the stock steel wheels on my TJ if some one
did not give me the OE alum. wheels
we ran 245/75 MTR's on the stock LTD wheels on the KJ with OME springs and shocks
if it is not broke why do you want to fix it?

even better than all this
go to tire rack
look for 225/75 R16's
BFG KM2
or Kumho somethings
will fit stock rims and stock ride hight
and look 100X better than putting some crappy cheep tire and rims

oh and if you have over 36K miles your shocks are probably shot
if you have over 50K I know they are
so the "lift" is about $250 ,damn close to the cost of those rims
as the only "extra" is the OME springs

Last edited:

mopartilidie

Reaction score
Ya that's a good point lol. I might just see how much it is to get the stock wheels painted. Just trying to break up the red yunno