will a 31 fit on the spare rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. I have seen people with 265/75/16's on the back. I guess all the extra weight on the door isn't good though. My 245/76/16 fits on there with no clearance issue of the back window.

Midgear

Reaction score
Yup. I have seen people with 265/75/16's on the back. I guess all the extra weight on the door isn't good though. My 245/76/16 fits on there with no clearance issue of the back window.

I can stand on my factory spare (when I had it on the back..) and bounce up and down and it didn't even budge.. I weigh 190+ lbs.

I'm not saying go test it out for yourself.. im not responsible for a torn off spare mount, but mine held up to my big ass standing on it.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can stand on my factory spare (when I had it on the back..) and bounce up and down and it didn't even budge.. I weigh 190+ lbs.

I'm not saying go test it out for yourself.. im not responsible for a torn off spare mount, but mine held up to my big ass standing on it.

I dont think it is so much the mount as it is the door hinges. I haven't had any problems, but I've read where people ***** about it. Take it for what its worth and do as you please. I'm not to worried about mine.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 31x10.5 on my back door mount, and with 4"BS I can get my hand in between the tire and the tailgate to wax or wash in that area with no problems.

As for the weight issue, the mount inside the tailgate is where the problem will be, not the hinges so much as the spare mount anchor point. I have read that this spot weakens with extra weight and breaks off inside the rear gate.