widest tire tread on stock ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocEvil

Reaction score
I have an 03 renegade and mostly use it in sandy or soft soil and as such I'd like to get a tire with the widest possible tread width. I'd like to stick with the stock rims and stock ride height (no lift) and don't want any rubbing.

From what I've read so far, it looks like I am looking at a 245/70R16 tire but few companies seem to list tread width for this tire size. The Tire Rack lists the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 as having an 8" tread width.

What I'd like to know is if anybody knows of a tire with a wider tread width in this size that doesn't rub?

Thanks!

Noscapegoat

Reaction score
Lets say this if you get 245/70 on stock youll either not rub or not know your rubbing. I run this size I had it for 6 months before i got my lift. I noticed no rubbing intill i got the ARB bumper which was before the lift.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the 245/70R16 on a totally stock KJ and god very very little rubbing at the pinch weld. And now that the tire is worn down i don't think it rubs anymore. Some people have said they got no rubiing from the size and other have, i think the variation in rubbing comes from different tire brands. I belive some companies make the 245 just a tad shorter/taller.