Why no daytime running lights on KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, daytime running lights are good. I notice that cars are easier to see with them on.

That said, I have never had a vehicle with them. I do use my lights during low visibility or when it's raining. This is also required in NY.

My girlfriend has a car with them that she bought new and is now 8 years old with 131,000 miles on it and not one bulb has been replaced. So I would have to say that in my experience they do not burn out bulbs.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My moms corolla has them. Its a 98 and its never had the bulbs replaced. Maybe they put a longer lasting bulb in or something? I know the silver stars wouldn't last as long b/c people complain about them blowing all the time. :-s

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
someone said it already..it's the high beams but at less power.....(bout 40 or so %) so..yea..it should last long..

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a Friday Kicker!

So if you have to program your USA jeep to think it's CANADIAN for the DRL Relay to work... what other behavior might your jeep exhibit... Eh ?

let the fun begin !!!
\:D/

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feetwet said:
Here's a Friday Kicker!

So if you have to program your USA jeep to think it's CANADIAN for the DRL Relay to work... what other behavior might your jeep exhibit... Eh ?

let the fun begin !!!

(Aeh)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
feetwet said:
Here's a Friday Kicker!

let the fun begin !!!

it's gonna start calculating stuff in metric instead?...LoL

MPh - KPh
MPG - MPL

LoL

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip computer... "Hey you HOSER, 32 Km to empty ... eh .. how about getting some more beer too... eh?"

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This topic just got off kilter....he - he - or is that eh - eh -

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my solution to this.

OFF

You must be registered for see images

ON

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just switch your main lights (not parking lights as some fools seem to do around here in UK), whenever you feel that you are less visible (eg. low sun). Fog lights I'd say are unnecessary in typical conditions.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n3qik --- Are those LEDs in your prking lights? maybe it's just the reflection pattern of the reflector

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feetwet said:
n3qik --- Are those LEDs in your prking lights? maybe it's just the reflection pattern of the reflector
Just a reflection. The fogs where removed for amber LED DRL lights tho.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to weigh in here, I hate DRLs... [-X

billweaponsman

Reaction score
as a american im offended by the idea of someone putting this crap on a vechile, i would convert it back to no DRL if they were on there. what are going to do when they start putting black box data recorders in these like GM,Ford,and Toyota have? do you know that these are used by insurance companies to deny claims? if you doubt my word start doing a little digging,the truth hurts. the idea of my car (spying on me) ****** me off, if it was up to me half this (crap) with the execptions of air bags would be gone including the emissions crap. they dont want you working on these any more.
well i had my rant for the day, time to read(1984) again.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billweaponsman said:
as a american im offended by the idea of someone putting this crap on a vechile, i would convert it back to no DRL if they were on there. what are going to do when they start putting black box data recorders in these like GM,Ford,and Toyota have? do you know that these are used by insurance companies to deny claims? if you doubt my word start doing a little digging,the truth hurts. the idea of my car (spying on me) ****** me off, if it was up to me half this (crap) with the execptions of air bags would be gone including the emissions crap. they dont want you working on these any more. well i had my rant for the day, time to read(1984) again.

Latest posts

Members online