Why is a KJ so HEAVY...???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a definite answer to this?

I read up that an 07 Liberty came with the power steering cooler regardless of tow or offroad pack. True?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I read up that an 07 Liberty came with the power steering cooler regardless of tow or offroad pack. True?

I'll check my 2007 brochure when I get home, but I believe that it was an addition when the offroad package was selected.

I didn't think it was standard, nor do I think it came with the tow package.

From memory...

Tow Package added receiver, wiring plug, and second fan.
Off-Road Package added 235/70 tires, skids, and power steering cooler.

I think the trans cooler is present no matter what.

I'll check when I get home to see what the brochure mentions.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check my 2007 brochure when I get home, but I believe that it was an addition when the offroad package was selected.

I didn't think it was standard, nor do I think it came with the tow package.

From memory...

Tow Package added receiver, wiring plug, and second fan.
Off-Road Package added 235/70 tires, skids, and power steering cooler.

I think the trans cooler is present no matter what.

I'll check when I get home to see what the brochure mentions.

Mine is just a 2WD. No offroad package, no skids, no hooks but I have the PS cooler. Just wondering

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score

I believe they did, mine is on '06, and it has one, but is is mounted under the hood, on the front of driver side the fender-well. Older ones have the one behind the grille, and are better; they moved them in 2005?

Maybe, and I don't know, but if it is ordered with a tow package, 2005 and up, they put the bigger one on in the front. I have seen Libs with a hitch, 2005 and up, but no cooler in front behind the grille.

I don't think Towing has any additional heating effect on power steering fluid. IF there is, it is just radiant heat from the overall temperature increase from towing. My Avenger had the long half oval LOOP one up front, and so did my 1994 Van, no towing packages.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the trans cooler moved frm in the radiator to the aux in the grill in 05 I believe

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 brochure says:

Off-Road Group - Heavy-duty engine cooling with auxiliary oil cooler for automatic transmission, power steering cooler, P235/70R16 SR-A all-terrain OWL tires and Skid Plate Group with tow hooks.

Trailer Tow Group - Class III receiver hitch, wiring harness, adapter, power steering cooler and heavy-duty engine cooling for automatic transmission.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 brochure says:

Off-Road Group - Heavy-duty engine cooling with auxiliary oil cooler for automatic transmission, power steering cooler, P235/70R16 SR-A all-terrain OWL tires and Skid Plate Group with tow hooks.

Trailer Tow Group - Class III receiver hitch, wiring harness, adapter, power steering cooler and heavy-duty engine cooling for automatic transmission.

Hmmm, maybe I did get the tow pack. What is it implying by the heavy-duty cooling? I just have the single electric fan

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps cooler, trans.cooler 2007 2wd

Just went out and checked my wife's 2007 2wd Liberty Limited, 2wd, no towing package. Yes indeed, a power steering cooler, vertical mounted on right side of radiator, and a horizontally mounted fairly large transmission cooler, horizontally mounted across bottom of radiator.

Boiler

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that.
It ***** having all these ambitions and no money to support them. :(

Having to pay $225 a month for insurance isn't helping one bit either!

WOW, I pay that every SIX months for my insurance, and I have pretty extensive coverage.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out and checked my wife's 2007 2wd Liberty Limited, 2wd, no towing package. Yes indeed, a power steering cooler, vertical mounted on right side of radiator, and a horizontally mounted fairly large transmission cooler, horizontally mounted across bottom of radiator.

Right side? Mine is on the driver side in a small vertical cooler