Why is a KJ so HEAVY...???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna want to put that hitch back on for recovery...

Well I only see horrible road conditions in the jeep 'if I have to.' it's mostly a daily for the wife to go to work. And we never pull anything. I'm thinking of tow hooks up front

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I only see horrible road conditions in the jeep 'if I have to.' it's mostly a daily for the wife to go to work. And we never pull anything. I'm thinking of tow hooks up front

Even so, you could slide off the road during a snow/ice storm and need a pull.

Dave

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i lightened'r up bout 100lbs and gained more offroad capabilities as well...removed rear sway, jeep nuts (driveline vibration damper) and the reciever hitch.

noticed i 'flex' better offroad as well

what are the "jeep nuts" you refer to? pic maybe?

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I could install tow hooks in the rear also since I pulled the hitch.

I was referring to the damper which is mounted to the left side of the rearend pumpkin. U will see what I'm talkin bout if u crawl under your liberty and look (if u haven't already removed it)

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that big round weight looking thing.

So what class hitch is that?
And you wanna get rid of it?? :D

I wanna say class 3 but I'll double-check when I get home. I'll consult the wife and see if she'll let me get rid of it

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might have been dealer installed. I'll have to check and see. To my understanding, on an 07, the power steering cooler and aux ****** cooler (42RLE) came stock regardless of tow package right?

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Actually the Rubicon's,both TJ and JK, are body on frame and weigh about 300lbs-700lbs less then the KJ(besides the 4dr JK).

Yeah, so body on frame for JEEP JEEPs, but they're all heavy:

Simple 2DR 4x4 2005 Rubicon: Curb Weight: 3832 lbs.
Simple 4DR 4x4 2005 Jeep Liberty: 4033lbs

That's just both mid level, automatic, 3.7L models that are 4x4 vehicles. The weight isn't worth the argument...

Their gas millage isn't much better either, at 15 / 19 (city/highway).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It might have been dealer installed. I'll have to check and see. To my understanding, on an 07, the power steering cooler and aux ****** cooler (42RLE) came stock regardless of tow package right?

On my 05 the towing package came with the hitch/wiring, PS cooler, and the ****** cooler...so I think the dealer might of installed the tow package if the buildsheet didn't mention anything.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 05 the towing package came with the hitch/wiring, PS cooler, and the ****** cooler...so I think the dealer might of installed the tow package if the buildsheet didn't mention anything.

I thought the ****** cooler came standard tho when they switched to the 42RLE trans. I read up that the 45RLE trans had provisions in the radiator but the radiator changed when they switched to the 42RLE trans and had no provisions for the trans cooler and used an aux cooler instead.

Budke, yes I can sell it

Latest posts

Members online