Who shot my Jeep??!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I went outside to leave for work this morning and this is what I find...a flippin' hole in my windshield! ](*,) There was glass on my passenger seat from what seems to me like a BB or pellet that had hit my windshield. We live in an apartment and it HAD to be shot from our neighbor's balcony (my extensive CSI skills tell me so), but I didn't actually see it so I can't prove it.....which means basically all I can do is piss and moan. :-({|=
You must be registered for see images

Pic from the inside

Glass on my seat....gotta look real close

Luckily, I have no deductible on comprehensive so I'm getting a new windshield put in tomorrow for free. \:D/

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I hate people. Why can't people just leave crap that isn't theirs alone?

Oh well, at least you get a free windshield out of the deal. I should probally get mine replaced, it's starting to look like crap.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it *****, like I said, I'm pretty sure I know who did it but I can't prove it. I wanna go and say something to the people, but I'd hate to be wrong or tick em off enough to make em really do some damage. It really irritates me because I'm really not the kind of person to just say "oh well, what can ya do?" and just let it go without fighting back......but I gotta live here, and I talked to the landlord and she's not gonna renew their lease so they're gone anyway! HAHA.

dnm45227

Reaction score
free windshield? (not to high jack your thread) when mine caught a rock state farm said our glass deductable was 250, i found a shop that put a new one in for 190.

ya right free windshield!

as far as aproaching the neighbor, just phrase it something like this...

"too bad you aren't going to be staying around, but after what happened to my windsheild just proves it's not the right place for you to stay at."

that way you seem sympathetic, accusatory, and condasending all at once.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
free windshield? (not to high jack your thread) when mine caught a rock state farm said our glass deductable was 250, i found a shop that put a new one in for 190.

ya right free windshield!

as far as aproaching the neighbor, just phrase it something like this...

"too bad you aren't going to be staying around, but after what happened to my windsheild just proves it's not the right place for you to stay at."

that way you seem sympathetic, accusatory, and condasending all at once.

LOL, yeah I might try that.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow just a random act of vandelism. Ridiculous. You didn't piss anyone off did you?? Just kidding.

Glad to hear that no ones sat in the seat prior to realizing glass was all over it. That would've been a biter.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I tried to remember if I had ever done anything to piss them off and I really don't think I have. I've never really even spoken to them except to say "hey" or "good morning".......I guess maybe they're just not morning people!

FoxChung

Reaction score
06Liberty said:
Yeah it *****, like I said, I'm pretty sure I know who did it but I can't prove it. I wanna go and say something to the people, but I'd hate to be wrong or tick em off enough to make em really do some damage. It really irritates me because I'm really not the kind of person to just say "oh well, what can ya do?" and just let it go without fighting back......but I gotta live here, and I talked to the landlord and she's not gonna renew their lease so they're gone anyway! HAHA.

I have the same experience. My car had scratches by idiot on bonnet, driver-side panel, 2xpassenger-side panel, rear panel and a small front panel (five panels). I know who did it but I can't prove. The only way is to get it re-paint and pay the Insurance excess (AUS400) for the $2800 job.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for ya, especially after having my back window smashed out.
I was told once that the windsheild runs right around $250.00.
Hell, back window cost $30 dollars less.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just rotten. I had a brick thrown through a windshield once. That was a real mess. Some people are just useless. If you can find a different place to park but no real way to prevent this sort of thing. At least you know who to watch out for.

If you're in an apartment building, go and knock on everyone's door and tell them what happened (including them) and to be on the lookout for vandals and that might help. And you can specificaly tell them everyone is on the lookout. Report it to the police (I know that won't do anything) but you can tell everyone it was reported and the police will be on the lookout. It might make them think twice. (make like you don't know who did it- - since you have no proof)

Dave

deknight

Reaction score
In my neighborhood people drive around and will shoot out one of the windows, (usually in the rear). Then they stop down the street and watch to see if anyone comes out. If not, they break into the car. I don't know if that is what happened in your case but its always something to keep an eye out for. Good Luck.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
If you're in an apartment building, go and knock on everyone's door and tell them what happened (including them) and to be on the lookout for vandals and that might help. And you can specificaly tell them everyone is on the lookout. Report it to the police (I know that won't do anything) but you can tell everyone it was reported and the police will be on the lookout. It might make them think twice. (make like you don't know who did it- - since you have no proof)

Dave

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing, but just haven't done it yet. I did get the new windshield installed today and it actually looks really good. I was worried about it not looking right or something being damaged in the process, but all is good. BTW, Safelite did the job for me....if anyone ever shoots your windshield with a BB gun, I would recommend them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad the new windshield worked out ok.

Must have been one of their kids with a b b gun.. All adults I know up north where I am pack much larger caliber stuff.

What goes around comes around and someday someone will put a mod on their ride.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good Day,
The same thing happened t my 1990 Mitsubushi.
Only the "Perp" peeled apart a set of $60.00 wipper blades and poured some form of feces liquefied down me windsheild cowl air intake!
Let me tell you, that was a real bitch to flush out!
All this beceause I told the guy's wife not to park in me parking space...Her reponce was ineligible due to the fact that she couldn't speak any english (Excwept for the F@#k you a$$ Ho!e )
When I reported it to the Police, They asked me if I had any proof, and I show gave them the address of a witness in our building who say the ladies husband lurking around my car at the time of the incident. What do the Police say, Oh, they couldn't provide a good enough witness I.D. And it is only a pair of windscreen wippers!
Needless to say, that Cop now has a permanent compaint against his record.

So I go up to the said person who did this and knock on his door and after he answers,and I confront him, his responce... Pretty much what his wife said!

I go home to my pad, drink half a bottle of whiskey and get piss...off!
Go down to my car and low and behold... An other set of wipper blades destroyed! Only this time I catch buddy in the act and he litteraly runs like hell back to his appartment and locks the door.
I once again call the local estabulary... they come out, are pissed off due to the fact that I pulled them away from th donut shop (litteraly, the donuts and coffee were sitting in a cardboard tray between the seats (you can only emagine my responce to that scene) and the dumn bastards responce? You have been drinking! and they left.

So, no a week goes by and the stupid bag is parked in my spot again! this time I park my car right behind her car (remember, in my parking stall) and call the "Building approved towing company" and the building manager's office. and 20 min later, her car is towed.
At this point I have been hanging out in my car waiting for a confrontation and low and behold I get one.
Budy and his wife fip their lid on me and hobby gets in my face... I'm 6'4' and 220lbs, what a goof! I get threatened and I advise him that if he doesn't walk away, I will gladdly show him every corner of the parkade!
He leaves muttering something in Cantonese.

A few days go by and My wife spots buddies wifw come out of the laundry room! My wife come back to our suite and I immediatly drab a gallon of bleach and a pack of magenta colored fabric dye I bought a feww day befor...

Needless to say, all their black and colored clothing was now bleached , and all their whites (3loads) were all a bright hue of pink!
Ho Ho
Ry

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that *****,

that reciently happened at our place but not to the liberty, but with out 2nd floor window. good thing the a-hole hit the storm window and not the main window.