White swipe marks on plastic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have white wax marks on my fender plastic pieces from a previous wax job.. When i rub the marks with my fingers nothing happens o_O I have washed the car once since this happened, at a touch free laser wash..

how do i get rid of them? they are ugly :/
Mothers Back to black?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's some hype on here about peanut butter working. Try the detailing section. You'll be able to get answers there 'cause I don't know if you're supposed to use chunky or smooth. Serious.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's some hype on here about peanut butter working. Try the detailing section. You'll be able to get answers there 'cause I don't know if you're supposed to use chunky or smooth. Serious.

I had this prob when i did my wax job last weekend got wax on those thinking it would well yeah .... Well i used the peanut butter and omg it worked ! used creamy cheapo peanut butter i used jiff being all i had and the neighborhood flies will love you for it for about 2 days , the libby will smell like a peanut butter cookie ... But yes it does work wonders !

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Creamy peanut butter. Grab a spoon full and a rag. Work the peanut butter into the wax stained areas and then wash them.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this today on my driver's side door handles. I didn't even work the PB in or anything. Took a good amount onto my finger, spread it liberally onto the handle, let it sit for a minute or two, and then wiped it off with a paper towel. After I wiped it, I let it sit another few minutes and then wiped with a wet paper towel.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! Much better looking. I've got to do the passenger's side later tonight when I get out of work. I'll do it in the parking garage so I can get some pics. I thought about taking out the little rubber thingy that comes out of my cupholders and doing that too.

Maybe get a bottle of peanut oil and spritz it?