Which Oil ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which type of oil should be sprayed under the Lib to prevent rusty film ?
Thanks

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never even heard of doing somthing like that. wouldn oil make dirt stick more? r u in a salty spot?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clean mine really good with a pressure washer then apply a cheap tire dressing to the underbody. Gives it one heck of a shine and Ive never had any troubles with salt or rust. The key is to spray the under body off at least once a month if not more in the winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

jamangus

Reaction score
never even heard of doing somthing like that. wouldn oil make dirt stick more? r u in a salty spot?
Back in the day, it was common for a garage to collect used oil in a barrel with spray line attached. Whenever a vehicle was up on lift, it was quick and easy to coat the undercarriage with oil. Excellent corrosion protection...and saved the garage on disposal.

Probably illegal by now. I know farmers that still do it.

There are also commercially available treatments (like Waxoyl) that musicaldoc may be asking about. I believe they are less known here in the US because of our regulations.

Karena Shipos

Reaction score
I used a rust proofing spray (well done by a garage) like Ziebart but I also have the electronic rust proofing system on my 05 Liberty. I live in NY where they are very liberal with the salt. So my wheels are rusty but not my jeep.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Jeepjeepster, omg! that is the cleanest underjeep ive ever seen! fantastic job! how much of that is from the pressure wash and how much from scrubbing and ragging? Ive never pressure washed under my jeep, but i get under there w/ the ragg often and whipe down the boots, hoses, breaks ect.

2. Cool info on the anti-corosion underbelly tech, didnt even know about this stuff, glad i pop'ed in here.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That time I used Meguiars All Purpose cleaner and a scrub brush by hand. Took me about 30min to clean it all. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake......your bottom is cleaner than my top........:D

Nice.....I'll have to try that one of these days.

Dave

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grate job!!!...think I'll do something too, here in Italy are very liberal with salt on the streets too !!!

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waxoyl is a popular choice in England ,just be sure to stand the tin in a bucket of hot water to help thin it out and help it atomize when spraying it on.What is electronic rust proofing system???

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the company that makes the electronic rust system off the top of my head, but my buddy has it on his chevy pickup, and his dad has it on his monte carlo. They are hooked to the battery, and there is a wire with a pad with adhesive that has to be stuck up near the front of the vehicle, and then one at the rear. It is supposed to place increase the number of free flowing electrons in the metal, which is supposed to help prevent rust (at least that was the explanation given on the ad from the company). From what I have seen so far, it works so so. I think they were in the neighborhood of like 150 bucks or so to purchase, at least the one he has. I will try and find out the name of the company from him.

I wish I had time to clean the bottom of my wifes jeep like that, I am just glad I can give it a wash on the outside every week or two.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tgh117 i would appreciate it if you could get any info on it, it sounds similar to the things they use in some houses to prevent rising damp via the use of low volt electric cables in the walls of houses.