Which front/rear ends do we have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, keep your minds outta the gutter.

Looking for gears/etc. on 4wheelparts.com and it lists several different Chrysler 8.25 rear ends (27 or 29 spline) and several Dana 30 front ends (front 27 spline, reverse front 27 spine, and short pinion front 27 spline).

Can someone narrow that down?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, keep your minds outta the gutter.

Looking for gears/etc. on 4wheelparts.com and it lists several different Chrysler 8.25 rear ends (27 or 29 spline) and several Dana 30 front ends (front 27 spline, reverse front 27 spine, and short pinion front 27 spline).

Can someone narrow that down?
The rear is a 29-spline 8.25,the front is 27-spline.As far as the front goes you have to get gears from a dealer(or online DCX dealer) or a wreaked 4-cylinder KJ,all other d30 gears won't work due to the dana30a's longer pinion shaft.As far as lockers/LSD's any 8.25 29-spline will work for the rear and any d30 27-spline will work for the front(exept the Ox locker).

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear is a 29-spline 8.25,the front is 27-spline.As far as the front goes you have to get gears from a dealer(or online DCX dealer) or a wreaked 4-cylinder KJ,all other d30 gears won't work due to the dana30a's longer pinion shaft.As far as lockers/LSD's any 8.25 29-spline will work for the rear and any d30 27-spline will work for the front(exept the Ox locker).

Thanks. I'll try to remember that (or if I can't I'll look up this thread later). I'm gonna ask a noob question, though. Why do you specify a wrecked "4cyl" Liberty?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try to remember that (or if I can't I'll look up this thread later). I'm gonna ask a noob question, though. Why do you specify a wrecked "4cyl" Liberty?

Because the I4 were the only Liberty's that had the 4.10 gears. The V6 come with 3.73 or 3.55 (depending on ****** & year).

Here is a very informative WIKI on the Liberty: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.