When I order my Franky I what all else do I need to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I plan to order me a Franky I standard it says it comes with Pre-Assembled Rancho 17505 Front Struts, OME927 H/D Front and Rear OME948 H/D Coil Springs, Rear Rancho 17004 Shocks, All J Products Proprietary Poly Parts, Left and Right Daystar Upper Strut Plates, All Hardware needed and all stem cushions needed, and Rear extended Bump Stops. Also included with each kit is an original artwork Frankenlifted Decal!....but I've seen where some people use the stock rear isolators too and some other stuff I've seen so what all else do I need? I want to be completely ready when I go to install...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I plan to order me a Franky I standard it says it comes with Pre-Assembled Rancho 17505 Front Struts, OME927 H/D Front and Rear OME948 H/D Coil Springs, Rear Rancho 17004 Shocks, All J Products Proprietary Poly Parts, Left and Right Daystar Upper Strut Plates, All Hardware needed and all stem cushions needed, and Rear extended Bump Stops. Also included with each kit is an original artwork Frankenlifted Decal!....but I've seen where some people use the stock rear isolators too and some other stuff I've seen so what all else do I need? I want to be completely ready when I go to install...

Well...
It just so happens that I am starring at my Frankenlift Standard I as I sit here and type this reply!:D
I ordered 4 additional rear spring isolators. $15.00 each.
I'll install 2 exta per side.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well...
It just so happens that I am starring at my Frankenlift Standard I as I sit here and type this reply!:D
I ordered 4 additional rear spring isolators. $15.00 each.
I'll install 2 exta per side.

Where do they go?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
You leave the stock isolator between the bottom of the coil spring and spring perch, and add two to the top of the coil spring.

Ok, and thats only in the rear right? So that'd be 4 like you said, a the dealership? at 15 each thats like 60 for all 4 right?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Before you go and blow another $60, just install the Franky first.

We use the upper isolators to level out EXTRA front lift. So, if you are planning on doing an additional Clevis lift like Ryan, yes you may need upper isolators.

(and 6 conduit nuts :D)

I'd say use the money on Terraflex extended front bump stops. Buy from Trailquest, really good service!

Although some say you don't need them. You do need them to prevent any bigger tires you may want to fit in the future from ripping your flares of. And they are cheap insurance for your front coils.

That is really good advice Tony!

Hey Tony?
Something really strange just happened after I clicked on the topic: "What all else do I need to get?"
The Administration Development Tool page for this forum opened and asked me what I'd like to do next as an Administrator!

At first I thought it was a new tool for all the members to use for changing titles, etc.
So I clicked on the menu buttons "File, Edit, View, Tools, and the Help buttons!"
It figured that it must have been a typical computer S.N.A.F.U.! So I just closed the window.
But curiosity got the better of me and I re-opened the window from the Internet Explorer history to see if it was actually real or if my medication is F**King with my brain!:D
But that page was gone!
Total S.N.A.F.U.!:confused: crazy.gif screwy.gif

Anyway, I ordered the Teraflex extended front bump stops from a local 4X4 shop in Langley, B.C. (About a 20 minute drive from where we live!) They ended up being a little less expensive than if I had bought them from The U.S.A.!
As of now I don't have to pay customs and brokerage fees!:)
Cheapest price I found in The U.S. was $24.00 each, U.S. Funds.
Here I paid $30.00 each, Canadian Funds! rockon.gif

Cheers
Ry'

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say use the money on Terraflex extended front bumpstops. Buy from Trailquest, really good service!

Although some say you don't need them. You do need them to prevent any bigger tires you may want to fit in the future from ripping your flares of. And they are cheap insurance for your front coils.

Just ordered a pair today, didn't realize I didn't have them. Lift and Al's arms are going on Sat.

Attachments

• 100_0480.JPG
    100_0480.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0478.jpg
    100_0478.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Before you go and blow another $60, just install the Franky first.

We use the upper isolators to level out EXTRA front lift. So, if you are planning on doing an aditional Clevis lift like Ryan, yes you may need upper isolators.

(and 6 conduit nuts :D)

I'd say use the money on Terraflex extended front bumpstops. Buy from Trailquest, really good service!

Well, see thats what I was asking what do I need that won't be included in the actual frankenlift.... is there anything else?