Wheel/Tire/LIFT combo help please...Close to buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what I got:
'06 Libby LTD
Standard 17" spoked alloy rims with TPMS
1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers (not mounted yet)

GETTING VERY SOON:
Frankenlift Premium
Al's Upper Control Arm v4.5

LOOKING TO ALSO GET:
Crager Soft 8's, either 15" or 16" (with mySpidertrax Spacers(hopefully can fit my TPMS sensors in the Cragers))
245/75 All terrain tires of some Sort

WHAT I DON'T WANT:
Any rubbing

HELP ME BUILD MY DREAM RIG!
Thanks, oh wise fellow KJer's

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I take the TPMS sensors will not work in the steel rims,and if you went for the steel rims scrap the wheel spacers.The 16x8 steel rims have a 5" BS and the 16x7 rims have 4" of BS,add those wheel spacers you will have major rub,more then what you'd have with just the rims.You will need to pound down the pinchweld,and may need to trim the front bumber a little.The rear you will rub no matter what unless you bumbstop the rear correctly.

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I take the TPMS sensors will not work in the steel rims,and if you went for the steel rims scrap the wheel spacers.The 16x8 steel rims have a 5" BS and the 16x7 rims have 4" of BS,add those wheel spacers you will have major rub,more then what you'd have with just the rims.You will need to pound down the pinchweld,and may need to trim the front bumber a little.The rear you will rub no matter what unless you bumbstop the rear correctly.

Aaawww man, that's a bummer......HHHHHHhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm.....

Well, maybe I should stick with my 17" alloys then, ya think? I would like to put some 245/75's on them (if I can find them), but will I still rub with my spacers? Should I play it safe and go 245/70?

Thanks very much TJKJ....

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that 245x75 R17 is taller than 245x75 R16.

17 inch tire is 31.6 - probably have to do quite a bit of trimming and the spacers a good idea
16 inch tire is 30.6 - will fit with a little trimming with a 2" lift

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that 245x75 R17 is taller than 245x75 R16.

17 inch tire is 31.6 - probably have to do quite a bit of trimming and the spacers a good idea
16 inch tire is 30.6 - will fit with a little trimming with a 2" lift

Or, Find a way to deactivate the TPMS system and go for the Cragers... Though to the best of my knowledge, I don't think anyone has figure out how to do that yet...