Lift Question on a 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellow Libby owners,
I am new to the Jeep Liberty world by chance.
My wife and I now have 2 Liberty’s and I am driving the 2003. The suspension is hammered
So I am getting ready to do some work on it. Just please keep in mind this is 2 wheel drive and primarley just a street rig for me.
I am thinking this setup should give me 4” lift and the ability of running
BF Goodrich Tires LT265/75R16, All-Terrain T/A KO Tire

Jeepin' By Al Upper A-Arms (for lifted Jeeps)
http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Als_Upper_A_arms_for_02__07__lifted_Jeep_Liberty_s-2.aspx

Rusty's KJ Liberty 2.5" Strut Spacer Lift Kit

Bilstein from summitracing (I not certain if I have the right ones picked out Please Help.)
2003 JEEP LIBERTY Bilstein B6 HD Shocks and Struts 24-139168 - SummitRacing.com
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks 33-151632 - SummitRacing.com

OME Coil Spring front and rear (1.5" Lift)

New Bump Stops front and rear

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do the Rusty's. Get what I have in my sig, pound the pinch weld, make some room with a heat gun on the fog light door area and u should be fine. Everything I have can be found at the jeepinbyal website.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Putting that list of parts together you're going to end up with an undriveable KJ
It will have about 5 -5.25 inches of lift , even with JBA upper arms, the coils will hit the UCAs , basically you'll have a nice yard ornament
Have to remember that the OME coils give you more than 1.5 inches of lift from the get go. Plus the Rustys spacer, well its junk so :poop:

rear shocks you'll need for a 99-04 Dodge Dakota 4 WD
didn't look to see what you spec'd out
I think if you take your time and do some reading you'll come up with a good game plan , way better than what you have now

also save some money to regear the rear, you're lucky since its only 2 wheel drive:rofl:

Last edited:

greene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This liberty is just a daily driver. Manly to me get back and forth to work, but the roads suck out here in South Texas

I did found a 3.5” lift I am going to ordering next week.
Tommudd's Econo 3.5" Lift Kit

And yes , It is only a 2WD. I do not need another 4wd I have a Ford Ranger with a 4.0 Stoker on 35" BFG Mud's :driver:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: