wheel skins ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i have owned my KJ about a week now. someone prior to me owning it decided to paint the wheels black, which personally I despise. so about 3 days ago i noticed these on eBay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2915162451...5134.N36.S2.typeWATCH_ITEM_ENDING_SOON.R3.TR3

has anyone here tried these? i guess I have a few concerns, 1) if they will rattle at highway speeds, 2) if mud will get between the skin and the wheel bad enough to break them, and 3) if they will fit tight enough to the wheel to look right (meaning like it is the wheel, not some cheap chunk of plastic slapped on to cover something ugly).

the other option is to have the tires removed (which has its own risk), have them sand blasted, powder coated, balanced, and put back on the truck. but, at this time, it's the only vehicle we have that will move under its own power, and is safe to drive.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At 75 foot or 50 MPH they will look fine ;)
as far as mud getting in them, sure it will
just sand your wheels down, and paint them, 2-3 cans of paint and a few hours and done

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are for steel wheels, which, if you have, would be black or possibly silver from the factory. But they would work if your wheels are the same style. If you have alloys, no they will not work.

As far as durability, who knows how well they'd do. I'd venture to guess, not so well.

Personally I'd repaint them as tommudd said.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wheels on my truck were painted silver from the factory. when they painted them black, they never even took the weights off the rim. so now there are silver spot(s) on each wheel, where the old weights were.

Craigo

Reaction score
I have those on my steel rims and they fit good and tight with no rattles. My rims were crappy looking with light rust and patchy paint and it was a quick fix. They don't stick out and are still tight at 70 plus MPH, these are now my spare wheels as I have Cherokee rims now.

You must be registered for see images attach

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Craigo, that's exactly what i was looking for. an honest real world experience review. come payday, I will pull the trigger on a set. :) p.s. I like the Cherokee wheels as well. when i get a set of them, i will put street tires on them, and mud tires on the original Liberty wheels.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online