Wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping of my new wheels and tires to get mounted and balanced. Don't want a silver weight on a black wheel. I know they can balance with a weight on the inside of the wheel only but depending on how much is needed they can't promise a true balance. Do you just paint the wheel weight or is there another option.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the weights on the backside of the rim only where they won't be seen or using the stick on weights for the inside of the rim works fine too. They make the stick on in either silver or black. I was able to balance just fine either way.

My Kj has weights only on the back of the rims. My wife's Compass is using stick on weights

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
To do a proper balance you have to have weights on the inside and outside of the wheel
Paint them black and be done
unless you want a half assed balancing job done

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what my tire guy said, if you don't put weights on both sides you can't get a true balance

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And that would be ytrue.

Why I only buy wheels that can accept clip on weights on both beads.

Exactly one of my reasons as well
too many want "pretty wheels" and then complain when you can't balance them right