what's your next liberty project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
2003KJ said:
yoda13 said:
I had to borrow my Dad's Honda Element when my Jeep was in the shop getting deer damage repaired

WHat is it with KJ's and Deers???? I had a run in with one, you had a run in with one, my neighbor (who just bought an 03 Sport from Carmax) hit one the other day. What is the deal? Do we all have signs on the front saying "Hey Deer! Run out in front of me!!!"!?!?!?

I hope not, this is not something that I wish to have happend again.... :-k

I agree!! I'll tell you, those deer warners I got did the trick! Saw 2 more the night I got em, and when they heard the whistle noise they make they got the hell out of my way..lol!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe Anstett said:
grogiefrog said:
Do you happen to know another way to hook in an iPod without getting an Alpine deck? I thought I heard someone say that you could hook it into the deck (on an '04) where a CD changer would hook in. :-s

I'm tired of burning CD's... that is trying to figure out what songs I will want to listen to now that I have my CD collection on iTunes... and partly on my iPod mini.

Yep, that's what I do. And it makes it very easy to take my music with me between three cars and the gym.

You must be registered for see images

Edit: Wow, I didn't know about the aux-pod. I might have to reconsider :)

You must be registered for see images

So do you use the PIE converter or the PAC converter?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to let everyone know that I just installed the PIE aux input adaptor to the back of my factory head unit to tide me over until I save up enough funds to get an Alpine head unit. I used the instructions on getting the radio out found in the how to section and the installlation went flawlessly, except for the fact that I lost the screw out of the ashtray area, but that was quickly replaced with a spare out of the shop. I did not have to disconnnect any vacuum hoses or anything to get the radio out. Now I can play my iPod out of my factory radio without an FM transmitter. Sounds so much better, like a cd. (well almost, they are aac files, so they are a little lossless, but no static!) Anyway just wanted to let everyone know and thank all of you guys for your help, esp. Bennett, Blu, and Grogie. Thanks you guys. =D>

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has been quite some time since anyone posted here so maybe its time to revive the thread.

I'll start.

Rip off the RRO 2.5" lift, replace with frankenlift.
Installs Al's a arms with the upper moogs.
Install lower moogs.
Replace dying HU with a new 6.5" pioneer LCD HU
Replace stock components with Kicker SS65.2
Amp the components.
Driving lights.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Due to the crap I went through modding my last Jeep, I think I can happily say nothing.

Some exterior tweaks may happen though. Hardly *any* modifications of any kind though.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just finished painting the flares and bumpers black...can't decide whether to use penetrol or paint on the plastic bits that are already black like the side mirrors.

window tinting and car alarm would probably be next, altho when it comes time i'll probably have those done professionally. So i guess the next project i would take on my self is installing power seat tracks, if i can ever get my hands on a set.

MYFIRSTJEEP

Reaction score
I need to have new tires by fall. We either get lots of snow and ice or it is really, really mild here in NW Ohio. I don't do very much off road driving. We have had quite a bit of flooding in my area over the past few years and I take the Jeep right out in it as deep as I can get..Love it. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on tires so I am still torn on what to buy. Suggestions welcome. I plan to put step rails on next year and maybe get a customized spare tire cover.

2002 pre-lowered Libby
Silver
4x4 3.6l V6
MOPAR Seat Covers

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done much yet except for the rack, mag-lite, and I just installed the trailer brakes. Talked to a welder shop friend while getting fueled the other night and I am going to have an adapter welded up to plug into the OEM and drop below about 2.5" with very minimal rear projection so I can mount my Thule bike rack and still open the gate.

I need to get the skids on but I am waiting until after my upcoming 12K service to see if there still is a little oil on the transfer case. Don't want it hiding and I don't want to spend extra bucks to have them take it off and put it back on sine it didn't ship that way.

After that I think I will be looking at new tires before winter too!

aychamo

Reaction score
I'm going to get nice looking mud tires, and never take my liberty off the road :)

Also, in the works, a carputer. I'm developing software for the Mac mini, you can see it here!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
-Tires: Help me get replacement on/off road good-grip tires for 235/65 R17 8-[

-Bull Bar: Afraid of rear-ending someone and doing a big damage.. Those bars are strong.. Help me get over it

-Skid Plates: Just to be on the safe side

-Front Clear Signals: Waiting for them to arrive.. \:D/

-Lift: Afraid of increased roll over risk (is there, really?) :-#

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
-Lift: Afraid of increased roll over risk (is there, really?) :-#

LOL!

Short answer... yes.

Long answer... Only if you feel like taking a 90 degree turn while measuring the space between the gas pedal and carpet... when fully depressed. While also juggling the multitude of pills necessary in order to induce the state of mind, which makes one capable of driving like a complete idiot.

So, no; not really.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Miah.
I take the ramps fast, that's my problem. I have to slow down. It is about a half circle and jeep does well at 30-40 mph, anything over that I can feel my tires are slipping and letting off grab.

Another problem, I cannot install the lifts, I know dealer won't so I have not much of a choice there.

How about tires? I have seen many jeep owners who got stuck with 17"s I have, and good years, because there is no decent 17" replacements. Any suggestions? I paid extra for 17" but only if I knew, I would have stuck with 16" and already replaced the tires with better ones. Wrangler HP is not that bad but as I said they slip.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Got the materials needed to make a custom light bar (except for the lights), similiar to the white knight bumper light bar.

-Change fluids, motor and antifreeze

-Install front d-rings

-Rotate tires, need more jack stands/floor jacks

-Optima battery yellow top

-Muffler

-Change fuel filter

-Brakes: front rotor (drilled/slotted), front pads, rear shoes, paint drums, bleed brakes

-Replace stock lbj with moogs

....That about it, WOW that is a LONG list, better get started!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you could probably manage the install yourself, its not a terribly difficult process.

If there any modded libs near you from the forum you may also be able to enlist assistance.

hmm 17s huh... I never looked into tires for those. My advice would be to replace them with some nice steel wheels either the 15" rock krawlers or the 16" cragars. There is a thread on the cragars which will be my next mod after I fix my lift. I wouldn't really want to put an offroad tire on a 17 though IMHO.

Might be able to sell the 17s on here or ebay to someone who just wants a street worthy Liberty.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't really want to put an offroad tire on a 17 though IMHO.

Might be able to sell the 17s on here or ebay to someone who just wants a street worthy Liberty.

sad2.gif There are really not much choices for 17" s, I stopped by COSCO, they only had one street/touring style rubbers. I think I will have to scratch that off, and after I put over 30k, I will replace them with something similar to the Goodyear Wranger HP's I got on them. I cannot afford swapping the rims now, plus, won't the speedometer go wild?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I cannot afford swapping the rims now, plus, won't the speedometer go wild?

Speedometer will remain the same as long as the overall tire/wheel diameter remains the same.

My 265/70s only change my speedometer by about 4mph over at like 100mph and like 2 mph at like 65.

The cragars sell for $50 a piece, thats pretty dang cheap I say, plus it would introduce you to a whole new range of tires. But hey, I'm just throwing the options out there.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, I am not familiar cragars do you have a good cragars + rubber combination for on/off road combined usage?

DJBassman

Reaction score
tires - going from stock to Grabber AT2 235/70/16 (Febuary).

Change the medium duty shock/springs to heavey duty (without a lift at this time).

LBJ/UBJ I want to deal with this, just need to make some sort of decission, my KJ is at 18.7k.

Undercoat, colorado springs uses lots of salt.

new breaks rotors.

Install hitch and maybe the fan kit.

Learn how to drive the darn thing!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mapco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
just finished painting the flares and bumpers black...can't decide whether to use penetrol or paint on the plastic bits that are already black like the side mirrors.
How did you go about painting them?