what's your next liberty project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Take a look at this,

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_kca-420i.htm

and this

http://www.alpine-usa.com/driveyouripod

The interface is about 90 bucks or so and it also charges the IPOD at the same time. So basically you can put your ipod in your glove box with this thing plugged in, and it controls it all. Plus you see the song names on the Alpine screen or lcd which ever you may have.

Bennett

Do you happen to know another way to hook in an iPod without getting an Alpine deck? I thought I heard someone say that you could hook it into the deck (on an '04) where a CD changer would hook in. :-s

I'm tired of burning CD's... that is trying to figure out what songs I will want to listen to now that I have my CD collection on iTunes... and partly on my iPod mini.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Do you happen to know another way to hook in an iPod without getting an Alpine deck? I thought I heard someone say that you could hook it into the deck (on an '04) where a CD changer would hook in. :-s

I'm tired of burning CD's... that is trying to figure out what songs I will want to listen to now that I have my CD collection on iTunes... and partly on my iPod mini.

take a look at these

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacauxpod.html

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/auxchry.html

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Further plans

Now that I've gotten the seats done, my next 2 quick things are to get the Renegade Roof Basket and Renegade Rails attached on to the vehicle. Should be cake, hopefully picking them up this weekend, if fate works with me, they'll both be on the vehicle on Saturday.

After that, I need to work out the heating part of the power seats - that will take a lil more work methinks. Gotta get a connector from a junkyard if I wanna do it right.

-Blu

Joe Anstett

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:

Yep, that's what I do. And it makes it very easy to take my music with me between three cars and the gym.

You must be registered for see images

Edit: Wow, I didn't know about the aux-pod. I might have to reconsider :)

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe Anstett said:

Might consider hiding some of those wires - I did with my XM and it works great. Just got a cig lighter female from Radio Smack, wired it in under the drivers side, and ran the wire thru. Made the installation look a lot cleaner. The other thing I ended up doing is added a ground loop isolater to it, took away the alternator whine like a champ

-Blu

quivvy

Reaction score
hmmmm whats next? well whats next in my mind unfortunately doesnt correspond with whats next in my wallet.. but here goes...

1.) New Wheels
2.) ****** Skid
3.) On Board Air
4.) Chop Bumper

thats enough to list for now or else ill get angry with a wishlist bigger than my wallet....

Need lots more $ for....

-front locker to accompany rear
-snorkel
-roof rack
-lights

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling Quivvy... :crybaby:

Mine is:

1) Install my Rusty`s lift after it comes in next week.
2) Bigger tires for said lift...
3) Boulder Bars.

CoasterG

Reaction score
Next up is:

- still out on the Alpine iPod adapter, this version is good but with a little software upgrading to handle more song names and directories it'd be great

- get an Amp and a Subwoofer (under the driver or rear seat mount)

- new Tires, either Bridgestone Revo's or BFG A/T KO's - stock wheels with either a 245/70 or a 235/70 tire

Things to finish:

- waiting for my 2002 Liberty EVIC to show up to install that, working on the wiring harness this weekend for it

- running the XM antenna wire thru the headliner to finish my overhead Roady mount

- installing the Hunter Brush Guard I got off of Ebay (thanks Bennett!), and doing the modification of adding 2 extra metal tubes in the center since I'm not mounting any additional lights

George

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:

take a look at these

I am almost ready to order one of these, the aux inputs, and I want to know if you or anyone here have had any experience with this company before. I don't want to get burned ordering from an unreputable company.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:

take a look at these

I am almost ready to order one of these, the aux inputs, and I want to know if you or anyone here have had any experience with this company before. I don't want to get burned ordering from an unreputable company.

There is also http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=IA[/url]

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:

take a look at these

I think a couple of dudes over at JU have ordered from Log Jam. Thats where i got the link from.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just got to work up th courage to take apart the dash around the radio, using Bennett's instructions found elswhere on this site \:D/

When/if I get it done, I will let you guys know how it turns out.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
Thanks. I just got to work up th courage to take apart the dash around the radio, using Bennett's instructions found elswhere on this site \:D/

When/if I get it done, I will let you guys know how it turns out.

it should be a snap (literally, it snaps right out and snaps back in)
doesnt seem as complicated as others, where you have to take apart the whole dash, as opposed to taking out specific trim peices...

GL

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to have a Wrangler, some years back, and I had to dissassemble the dash to put my new radio in.....was surprised how much work it was. However, I was working off "instinct", I didn't have any instructions #-o This doesn't look hard at all, I just don't want to create any rattles :alien: But, I had to borrow my Dad's Honda Element when my Jeep was in the shop getting deer damage repaired in Sept, and I miss the aux input for my iPod that his car has, so I am going to have to add this feature to my Libby.... \:D/

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logjam Electronics is a great company. They ship same day from FL if you order by a certain time. I've had to return an item or two and a guy by the name of Jim is the best. No questions asked. They warranty everything for a year regardless of the manufacturing warranty. I swear I don't work for them! I'm super **** too about who I buy from and these people are great.

About the rattling, often times the harnesses come with sticky foam to wrap around the connectors. If not use 1.5 inch weather stripping. And the dash parts won't rattle if you tighten down all the screws.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
Logjam Electronics is a great company. They ship same day from FL if you order by a certain time. I've had to return an item or two and a guy by the name of Jim is the best. No questions asked. They warranty everything for a year regardless of the manufacturing warranty. I swear I don't work for them! I'm super **** too about who I buy from and these people are great.

About the rattling, often times the harnesses come with sticky foam to wrap around the connectors. If not use 1.5 inch weather stripping. And the dash parts won't rattle if you tighten down all the screws.

Thanks for the gentle prodding....I needed it =D> I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
I had to borrow my Dad's Honda Element when my Jeep was in the shop getting deer damage repaired

WHat is it with KJ's and Deers???? I had a run in with one, you had a run in with one, my neighbor (who just bought an 03 Sport from Carmax) hit one the other day. What is the deal? Do we all have signs on the front saying "Hey Deer! Run out in front of me!!!"!?!?!?

quivvy

Reaction score
change in plans, looks like money is getting saved and putting off all the other projects. im waitin for the new lifts! RK? Rustys (2 of em), and Superlift? which to get! we shall find out when they are released!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
yoda13 said:
I had to borrow my Dad's Honda Element when my Jeep was in the shop getting deer damage repaired

WHat is it with KJ's and Deers???? I had a run in with one, you had a run in with one, my neighbor (who just bought an 03 Sport from Carmax) hit one the other day. What is the deal? Do we all have signs on the front saying "Hey Deer! Run out in front of me!!!"!?!?!?

I hope not, this is not something that I wish to have happend again.... :-k