what's your next liberty project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
So whats everyone doing next to their liberty? What's the plan?

chefdab

Reaction score
next mods

When I get my KJ back from the body shop, the next mod will be boulder bars. I'm gonna start saving for the rock krawler lift though. maybe use some of my tax refund next year too. And hopefully All J will have the bumper in production by then too. I really could of used that when I had my little accident. Sorry, I want to post a pic of the damage but I don't have it stored on the web. #-o It was all front end damage by the way. But now I feel like the accident gives me more of an excuse to mod the hell out of it since it basically ain't worth squat now as far as trade goes. Well until I get it back, I guess I'm hoofin' it. :walk:

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Well my next project is wheels and tires and they should be here monday or if I'm lucky this Friday.

After that its rockrails! \:D/

Later,
Bennett

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my next project is to finish the current project.

Need to install the front part of the leather seats (backs in) - need to fiddle with the wiring a bit. If anyone has experience/suggesions, I'm more than willing to listen.

Next, gonna install some rails and a rack.. beyond that, I think I'll prolly have to chill out for awhile to make the mrs happy.

-BP

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on the inside for the upcoming ski season mounting an lcd to the roof. It's a bit of a nightmare bc I have a sunroof and the shade and glass slide right where the screen will be mounted. It's doable but just a little risky and very time consuming. It's going to be sweet though. The monitor can show two screens at once, just one big one or PIP (picture in picture) and I'll have two sources hooked up... dvd and xbox. Any of the the sound sources can go through the main stereo and/or through wireless headphones. The xbox also uses wireless controllers so it's all very clean.

Any ideas where to put the voltage converter? It mostly likely will go under the rear seat but the fan is really loud... I'd like to put it somewhere semi enclosed where it won't heat up.

04RockyMtn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a roof rack, mostly to set my libby apart from all the moms, but I know once I have it, I'll find a use for it!

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having just got the Liberty, I need front winter mats (probably Husky brand) and next year it'll be the Mopar Sport bars (the one's that go side to side on the roof) and the Mopar Canoe Carrier (fits the sport bars). That should finish my outfitting for the short term.
The Mods will likely never stop... I've already bought Mopar tow hooks (front) and the Mopar rear cargo tray liner. It's an ongoing addiction thing, I think all of us here understand though, no need for explanation.

Long term I want some Boulderbars and when the tires need replacing, I'm thinking Dueler Revo's.

Oh and I almost forgot, I need a receiver hitch (tongue and ball) since it came with the hitch receiver I'd better get the other two pieces. I'll probably get a Warn shackle too (The "D" shackle thing).
The MOD monster has got me... Make it stop... make it stop! :tongue2:

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods/Add Ons

Install the Silver Stars I bought 2 weeks ago, and then shop for some mats that will handle melting snow. Living in Maine has it's disadvantages besides the second highest taxes per capita income in the country.

damo252

Reaction score
I thought you would never ask.

I am first taking my 4 day old liberty up on some trails in the Colorado mountains this weekend, and will be adding a lift and tires. I have decided on the Rusty's full coil and not sure what tires. I will keep the updates coming. I hope to have the lift and tires before the lisence plates. :thumbright:

Joe Anstett

Reaction score
Electronic Brake Controller, so I can tow my Porsche to Lime Rock next month.

After that? 265/75 MTs, wheel well modification. I'd love an electric locker in the rear.

janco

Reaction score
You don't even ask me (LOL). Just got done installing a K&N aircharger. Mediocre instructions (though most mechanically inclined folks could figure it out), missing hardware and wrong sized hardware. But I got it done.

I think I'll wait for the picnic on Saturday to show and tell the other things I've been working on.

janco

CockyUSCKJ

Reaction score
Hopefully, the KJ will have her lift, tires. wheels, and rock rails by the spring. Im thinkin the lift could be a Christmas Present from the parents...

after that, i might get a Roof Rack to make her stand out a little from all the other Libbys at USC and show some of the guys here that chicks can know about Jeeps...

waiting on the money though, sometimes the whole college student thing just *****!!

Jen

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't decide what it needs.

Some things,

- Integrated an IPOD with my audio system seemlessly, steering wheel controls, names of songs on the lcd via interface adapter. Very cool...

- Some more skids.

- Maybe some more lights

- New alternator (then I can the microwave w/o fear) and lets me put more powerfull bulbs in all my lights.

- Tail Light Guards

- On Roof Tent

Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Bennett said:
I can't decide what it needs.

Some things,

- Integrated an IPOD with my audio system seemlessly, steering wheel controls, names of songs on the lcd via interface adapter. Very cool...

Bennett

ooh, that one sounds juicy...after the tires, the sound system is the next to get a boost.....would like to know how you go about doing this project.....

i was thinking of adding a carputer with a couple of lcd's (one mounted somwhere in front of me a smallish one of course for gps purposes)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to put the tow package on with my next tax refund. And a cargo hitch rack! I am also thinking about putting on rockrails.

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjarmor.html

Oh, just put in all weather xtreme floor mats today that I ordered from 4 Wheel Supply. I'm not thrilled with them due to that they don't go under the gas peddle... leaves too much carpet exposed. But I will see how they work.