What's your dream Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have had the Liberty for a few weeks and already I'm wanting to mod this thing badly. But since I can't just yet I have been fantasizing about my "dream" Liberty so here it is:
Better dash, not so much plastic, more cubby holes to put things in. Uh what else, Larger nav screen but with live doppler radar, I figure if we can get SAT radio we could get SAT weather. Greater ground clearance. Bigger cup holders so I can get a BIG GULP in there. Better stock tires and those cool seats that the Commander has, the saddle brown leather, oh not only heated but cooling seats. The pillars could be thinner too for better visual.
Windshield defrost (Like Land Rover) 3D Digital clinometer intergrated into My Gig. How about a more power in the engine like the Nitro. My wish list for future models.
What's yours? :D

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARBSeth's. SFA swap riding on 35" tires. Need I say more......

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on mine-------SFA,HP44 upfront with chromo inner/outer shafts,crane hi-steer knuckles,ARB air locker,5.13 gears,Currie RockJock iron 60 in the rear with 35-spline chromo axles,ARB air locker,5.13 gears,Willwood 12" discs,AtlasII 4.3:1 t-case,Rubicon Express LJ long arm kit,35" MT/R's,and other cool stuff.

Coming in '09 a 4.7 V-8 swap.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You forgot the 5 piece band in the back and all the babes and beer you can shoehorn in the front.........oh wait, did you want to be able to drive it with all that going on?????:D

Dave

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May involve some light trimming but I would just like some tank treads on it... but seriously it is fun for me to look one or two mods ahead, if I got everything all at once I would have to get a new project. Hmmm, new project?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May involve some light trimming but I would just like some tank treads on it... but seriously it is fun for me to look one or two mods ahead, if I got everything all at once I would have to get a new project. Hmmm, new project?
Like these?
You must be registered for see images

They are Mattracks--website----
http://www.mattracks.com/index.htm

They make them for just about any vehicle,ATV's,and farm equiptment.I've seen them in action(on a military HMMWV) and are awesome! Pricy,about $5000+ for a set,easy to install since they just bolt on like rims.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHOAH! Those are insane! Street legal, probably not, but look at the ground clearance you gain. I would love to see some on one of those Smart compact cars. :cool:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHOAH! Those are insane! Street legal, probably not, but look at the ground clearance you gain. I would love to see some on one of those Smart compact cars. :cool:
If I remember right they are DOT approved but Mattracks says top speed with them is 40mph.They are rubber tracks.

Some guy put them on a electric wheel chair----

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better dash, not so much plastic, more cubby holes to put things in. Uh what else, Larger nav screen but with live doppler radar, I figure if we can get SAT radio we could get SAT weather.

Garmin and others make devices that will give you live doppler radar etc. My company provides them with some of their datasets. They are mostly for aviation and pretty costly, but it's available. I believe they are working on a deal with XM to distribute more of an average joe dataset via the same antenna etc. your XM radio uses, but one of the channels would be streaming weather data.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might sound dumb but I am not too sure how doppler works, wouldn't all the trees and ground clutter skew the radar reading?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might sound dumb but I am not too sure how doppler works, wouldn't all the trees and ground clutter skew the radar reading?

I don't think the actual unit contains doppler, they can receive information from a satellite that has doppler information. That's my take on it.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The device gets updates every N number of minutes via GPS with new doppler data.

Doppler radar systmes are huge, and the radar needs to be housed in a shell and elevated a ways off the ground (since yes, trees and such get in the way).

Here's a picture of a radar that produces doppler images. This is a NOAA unit, so it's a NEXRAD system. My company makes them as well (and we recently began upgrading the NEXRAD systems for the goverment with new hardware and software).

Last edited: