What's up with my KJ Interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my '05 Renegade for about four months and I love it except for one thing....the interior. I have the basic interior that stains even if rainwater falls on it. The only way I have managed to get the marks out is by spraying the entire seat with a spray bottle. How do you keep the stains out? Can the seats be scotch guarded? Thanks in advance.
Bruce

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing in my 07. They would stain with just spilling water on them. Not to mention the dog hair collecting on the back seats. Got some Iggee Seat covers and am very happy with them.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I have an 02 but my seats will stain by sitting on them wrong :(

Believe me, I know from experience, the '05+ seats are MUCH worse. I've had both.....

Even the seats in my WK stain just as easily as any '05+ KJ. I've spilled water on them.... my driver's seat is terribly stained right now.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I have had my '05 Renegade for about four months and I love it except for one thing....the interior. I have the basic interior that stains even if rainwater falls on it. The only way I have managed to get the marks out is by spraying the entire seat with a spray bottle. How do you keep the stains out? Can the seats be scotch guarded? Thanks in advance.
Bruce

Same problem ... I just quit worrying about it and will eventually get some if the igee seat covers

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Forgot to mention: Even though the seats stain by looking at them... I'd STILL rather have cloth over leather... I can't stand leather in the summer or wintertime. And living in the Detroit area, a 95ºF day isn't very uncommon and neither is a -10ºF day.

Cloth is so much more comfortable. It's like a *good* all-season tire.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of cool,the shifting pattern of stains,like the drifting sands of the dessert.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda wanna save up for some legit wet okole seat covers. but they are $235 and igee are only what like $132?? would the wet okole's be that much better for the money? or should i just go with igee?

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Scotchguard? The owner's manual is pretty vague.

BTW....spraying down the entire seat/s does get rid of the watermarks, but you can't drive it until the seat dries:confused::mad:

Bruce

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
seat covers

Wow those wet okole seat covers are real quality. I like the idea of 1/2 inch of foam, probably makes the seat a bit more comfortable too. You can really mix up colors/strips, even add the heater and pockets etc. I think my set will be around 300$...thanks for that link, can't wait to get those.:)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the scotch guard haven't tried it, but i can tell you one thing that does work. On my 03' i had this problem when i was working on it and my sweaty arm was resting on the drivers seat, left a sweat mark that wouldn't go away a day later.

I got out my Bissell Little Green Machine and bought a bottle of the automotive upholstery formula and cleaned the seats. They looked like new and you should have seen the color of the water in the recovery tank. Since i did that they no longer stain like that anymore!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bruce

Leather is your friend...

L

lil black liberty

on my 05 I use that Spot Cleaner/Stain Remover made for Steam Cleaners, and I steam clean my seats... WORKS AMAZING.. then one little drop of water...Fughs it all up! I wanna throw the seats out.. Maybe I should work on a Wooden Seat.. hmm :D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like leather seats, hot and sticky in the summer, hard and uncomfortable until they warm up in the winter. I would rather have stained seats.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cloth here is too hot....like carpet. Plus I like to be able to wipe the mud off my seats...

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Seats stain easily as well. It's a bummer. But it's a Jeep it's not ment to win a beauty padgent. I put towels on mine and it helps protect them.

Latest posts

Members online