whats the difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidtg

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the trail rated kj and other models? Saw one with the badge and couldnt see any visible difference :shrug:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better suspension components from chryslers standards. Pretty much it

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assumed they all had the trail rated badge :shrug:

Apex

Reaction score
"Wrangler. Liberty. Grand Cherokee. Definition: Trail Rated signifies that the vehicles have passed off road testing by the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) — which evaluates vehicles for traction, ground clearance, off road articulation, maneuverability, and water fording."

(simple google search)

So yea, all KJs are "Trail Rated"

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the 2wd versions do not have a badge???? I don't think the 2wd ones would be "trail rated". I have never seen a 2wd version and don't think they were sold up here but I know a few were made? All others should be "trail rated".

Dave

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sister has an 05 KJ 2WD, hers does not have the trail rated badge. You really cant see a difference from just looking at the side or rear. If you look from the front you might see the absence of a front dif. or inside there is no shifter.