Whats that noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsp86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got a 05 jeep liberty 4wd, that hits the smallest bumps in the road pretty hard, and when i hit a dip in the road or if im pulling into a driveway that is an upward incline...it sounds as if the jeep is bottoming out or something...it makes kind of a loud creaking. Now, it does not seem to "trampoline" and it does not seem to be dipping in turns or anything, could this be my strut/shocks? sounds like the noise is coming from my front passenger side. Ive had it checked out twice but nobody can give me an answer. Thanks in advance!!

jimgas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check stabilizers. I had the same issue on my Chrysler 300 and stabilizers links was the problem

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like suspension overall & it is time for new springs & Shocks.
Measure from the center of wheel hub to bottom of fender flare & post back measurement.
Definitely look at front end & any coil bind, where two rings of coils are packed tight together?
The sway bar end links and bushings should be inspected as well.
The KJ's stock suspension only last so long, and it will ride a whole lot better with new springs & shocks.
Using an Ome 2.5 inch lift will make it ride so much better, even better than new.
See lift section.