what will fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get 6in lift will 33 12.50 on 17 with rims with 5in offsets will it fit and or will it just be better just to get 285-75-16 with 1.25 spacers just wondering

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get 6in lift will 33 12.50 on 17 with rims with 5in offsets will it fit and or will it just be better just to get 285-75-16 with 1.25 spacers just wondering
What vehicle are your lifting? If it is a KJ stick to 32" tires(265/75's or 235/85's),your front diff will like you better.Plus from the fact you can not regear below 4.10's a 33" tire will bog down the KJ severly,I run 4.10's with 32" tires and it's a bogs way down,really need 4.56's with 32" tires and 4.88's for 33" tires to maintain close to factory power and not loose as much mpg's.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will my kj is lifted but i was looking at the jeeping 6in kit this summer when i have more time to work im 2wd so i do not have a front diff but how far can the regear the rearend is 4.10 most you can go

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will my kj is lifted but i was looking at the jeeping 6in kit this summer when i have more time to work im 2wd so i do not have a front diff but how far can the regear the rearend is 4.10 most you can go
If your only 2wd you can put 4.56 gears in the 8.25,it's the D30A front diff that you can not regear lower then 4.10's.

Personal opinion----It's rather stupid to lift a 2wd vehicle,a 6" lift makes it that much worse.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal opinion----It's rather stupid to lift a 2wd vehicle,a 6" lift makes it that much worse.

Probably better if you stick with your current lift, or if you want something higher get the JBA 4" lift. But the 6" lift on a 2x4....not a good idea.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO
6" lift ,or any lift for that matter, on a 2wd is the same as locking and gearing and all that junk to a Dana 35 in a TJ to run 33's

Polishing a ****

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it not someting that i going to do rite now i drive mostly on the street and i go beach alot and big bend park and GA for my work what i have now work fine for that im going mostly for the looks of the 6in kit if just asking if it work

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where there's a will there's a way...

Instead of spending your hard earned dosh on a two wheel drive that will be a poser at best. Why don't you buy your self a 4X4 Liberty with money instead?

Ditto

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is sfa the kj a good way to go i know the cost are alot more

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is sfa the kj a good way to go i know the cost are alot more

by the time you buy all the parts you need to do an SFA to the KJ you have
you could trade in your KJ and buy a 4wd 4 door JK and break even

just off the top of my head you will need
-custom suspension
-front diff $300-$3000
-transfer case $500-$2500
-int. plastic from a 4wd ,IIRC the 2wd does not have the hole for the shifter
-several weeks with out a ride
-all the break parts for the diff $200-$1000
-all the insides for both the front and rear diffs ,the gears need to be the same including lockers $2000+
-then you want to run 33's and rims so that is going to hit you close to $1500 alone

If I had to guess
to do it right I would say easily $6k-$8K in parts + labor unless you do it
I know that other have done it for less but did they save EVERY receipt and add it all up including all the minor stuff like nuts and bolts ,oils ,break parts
,plumbing ect.?

I know of a guy who decided to redo a CJ ground up
he claims that EVERY nut and bolt was charged to the same credit card and only the stuff for the CJ was charged
his and others guess was $12-$15K he broke $18K before rims and tires
he runs 35" BFG Krawlers and it has all Poison Spyder stuff so very little body work

to me a brand new JK with a BB and 33's fresh off the lot looks real good