what trans cooler to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what aftermarket transmission cooler would you guys recommend?
also what fittings would I need? or does the cooler come with the right fittings?
it's for a 02 liberty limited none towing package thanks guys

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what aftermarket transmission cooler would you guys recommend?
also what fittings would I need? or does the cooler come with the right fittings?
it's for a 02 liberty limited none towing package thanks guys
Well since you have a '02 with the OEM ****** cooler already in the radiator you need no special fittings except for a 3/8" double barbed connector.I used a Hayden ****** cooler from Advance Auto Parts,about $40.

In the pic below is how I hooked it up.

1---is the lower ****** cooler line(yes it looks to be the upper but it is not),I unhooked it and ran it to one of the AUX ****** cooler inlets(doesn't matter which one),the hose is supplied with the cooler.

2---is the cooler soft line taken off the metal line,use a 3/8" double barbed connector to hook it to another rubber line and run to the other AUX cooler inlet.

Make sure all hose clamps are tight,add about 1/2qt of ATF+4 to the ******(how much I had to add).
You must be registered for see images

The fun part is attaching the AUX ****** cooler to the A/C condensor with the supplied zip-ties,I would remove the fan to gain better access to the other side of the radiator.In the pics below it shows it behind my grill.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.