What to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
there is no point for him to get a ******** lift that will feel wierd on the road. Every kit will feel different so he may look into something that will make the city driving more comfortable.
:smokin:
:shrug:
Good lift kit will make on road and off road better
Not sure what you are talking about on every kit will feel different
Full spring kits are all almost the same except choosing spring rate :yawn:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a brush guard? Not one that goes around the headlights, but something that comes up and has some fog light holes? Don't really want to mount the fogs directly to the front bumper.
You must be registered for see images
I like the first one but don't know if it has fog light mounts, and I know the second one is non functional, I woul like one to mount d-rings to for actual pulling. Any suggestions?

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn, the first one is a matrix and they go for $750, for that I'd better just get an arb. Looking for maybe a $200 one.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn, the first one is a matrix and they go for $750, for that I'd better just get an arb. Looking for maybe a $200 one.

Good luck. Im pretty much in love with the matrix but i can justify spending that kind of cash. If you find a decent brushguard/bumper for $200 tell me where you got it lol.

You could get one of those "un-functional" brush guards and then mount a hitch to the front. That way you have the look your going for and you can also use it to pull with, not to mention it will be cheaper then a full steel bumper with d rings. And just keep in mind that when you ad that kind of weight your springs are guna sag out faster.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In my experience, Not on a KJ, Some lift are very stiff while other are like walking on a spring.

Sounds like the old days when they made one set of springs fit everything.
Todays suspension systems are designed for the vehicle. I can remember back in the 70s some setups rode like buckboards
Not anymore

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck. Im pretty much in love with the matrix but i can justify spending that kind of cash. If you find a decent brushguard/bumper for $200 tell me where you got it lol.

You could get one of those "un-functional" brush guards and then mount a hitch to the front. That way you have the look your going for and you can also use it to pull with, not to mention it will be cheaper then a full steel bumper with d rings. And just keep in mind that when you ad that kind of weight your springs are guna sag out faster.

Get what you pay for and if you mount one of those cheap A** brush guards you can't mount a hitch

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get what you pay for and if you mount one of those cheap A** brush guards you can't mount a hitch

Well atleast not without a torch and a welder.....hahaha!!!

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mounting to the bumper renny style it is! I just hope these dimensions are the same for the 05+ because this is an 02-04, if anyone can confirm that would just be awesome!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one ( Matrix) out in the garage , I'll see what it weighs afterwhile

Thanks I should have knew you would know and just PMed you. Thinking maybe its better for the boat than just a front hitch.
Thanks again for when you get time.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. Ordered my hella 500s today. Couldn't see the worth of the piaas. Probably gonna upgrade the bulb a bit though and install on the bumper Friday. Again, thank you all for any information.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory headlight harness set up is crap! The best investment I made to my Libby was installing a headlight relay harness. This alone will generally make any headlight bulbs you install brighter by getting a full 12volts or more to your headlight bulbs.

Painless Performance: 9004 & 9007 Headlight Bulb Conversion Harness OffRoad

Ouch! Not saying that the factory harness is the greatest, but did it really make a $250 difference? It's 2 relays, 4 male/female plugs, and a few feet of wire... I will definitely try a little more research. All the site says is "more power to the bulbs" sorry, but I like numbers, or even pictures showing the difference.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... 13.17v vs 14.16 on a sport track install I just found. That does sound decent.

http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-9004--9007-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Upgrade-Wiring-Harness-PRD7536.aspx

$45 sounds a bit better

And jegs has the same painless harness for $175, I guess you do pay for quality

Last edited:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i am trying to get to the install. i have the grill off right now and am trying to find a place to access the inside of the bumper to install the lights. on the 02-04's there is a large opening in the bumper to see up there, on the 06+ i have the tow hook holes but am not seeing ANYTHING. i posted in the how to section on how to find a how to not listed, i have tried forum searches, i have tried google searches and have not come up with anything. you cant get thru the back of the grill, from the bottom of the bumper, or from the tow hook holes... any help would be greatly appreciated.