What the heck happened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
What can you buy for $2700.00?

Referred by a relative to a great garage. They found a low mileage (70k) motor with a 6 month warranty. So here's what I'm getting - Motor, New Serpentine belt, new plugs, trans fluid & filter changed, obviously oil & filter, both axle fluids changed, brake fluid changed, Coolant flushed & changed, and a complete check over - U joints, pretty much complete going over $2700.00 complete.

New tires a year ago, interior detail, weather tech mats front & rear, rear brakes and rotors.

We know the car and love it - I think is was the right decision to make even though I know I will never get my money back so we just drive it into the ground!.

Thanks Everyone!:mfr_closed1:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have known that this thread would result in a happy ending. :cheers:

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Referred by a relative to a great garage. They found a low mileage (70k) motor with a 6 month warranty. So here's what I'm getting - Motor, New Serpentine belt, new plugs, trans fluid & filter changed, obviously oil & filter, both axle fluids changed, brake fluid changed, Coolant flushed & changed, and a complete check over - U joints, pretty much complete going over $2700.00 complete.

New tires a year ago, interior detail, weather tech mats front & rear, rear brakes and rotors.

We know the car and love it - I think is was the right decision to make even though I know I will never get my money back so we just drive it into the ground!.

That doesn't sound bad at all - as long as the warranty is worth something. The biggest issue will be the first couple hundred miles with the "new" engine. After it makes it past that with no issues (either from its life in the previous vehicle or from installation issues) it will soldier on.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Awesome to hear, and judging by the last sentence: i would say you are gunna fit in great here.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
Unbelievable, on the road today!

So I get a voicemail from the repair shop early this morning. "Keith, it's Erik can you come down to the shop I need to show you something". I think oh crap WTF now. So I go down, he said c'mon back. Unbelievable - the friggin motor is in, and running like a champ - . Now keep in mind car was towed to his shop Tues 5pm, and 9:30 this morning she's running. He said they need to go out put some miles on it, make sure everything is buttoned up and it'll be ready to go. Now that's customer service! :emotions36:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait to take the cover off...
I will send over an ACE certified assistant..to ensure you feel much better...
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]
Shelly will guarantee her head work and you won't even remember you had a problem. :icon_smile:

In all seriousness, Look forward to hear an update...I hope it is not too bad in there.
Edit: Only 76 k miles that seems very low to have this sort of problem..strange.

I've got some work to do on my Liberty, I would love to have her perform some preventative head work for me. :smokin: :emotions36:

Wkeithk

Reaction score
No offense - But she could tighten my nuts anytime. Let me know if she needs any detailing. I'd love to put a wax job on that!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I get a voicemail from the repair shop early this morning. "Keith, it's Erik can you come down to the shop I need to show you something". I think oh crap WTF now. So I go down, he said c'mon back. Unbelievable - the friggin motor is in, and running like a champ - . Now keep in mind car was towed to his shop Tues 5pm, and 9:30 this morning she's running. He said they need to go out put some miles on it, make sure everything is buttoned up and it'll be ready to go. Now that's customer service! :emotions36:

That's great work!

Very glad to hear you've got a great shop to work on your KJ and that you'll have it back in your driveway very soon.

Congrats! :waytogo:

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say that is great news Keith.
Can u post up a few photos of your Jeep & Under hood pics?
Nothing worse than having a nice Jeep that cant be driven, downtime *****.
Luckily in your case you had prompt service, and I hope that all is now well.