What size exhuast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size exhuast piping does the kj have? i may be looking into a flowmaster muffler soon but need to know the inlet size

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe he is asking about muffler size? What is the max, like 30 inches or so? gotta go out and measure my stock muffler.. it is in the box :D

OldBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Flowmaster's got some single in/dual out. I'll have to take a look and see if there's room for dual tailpipes.........

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dual tailpipes does not do anything, however dual mufflers will do very nice! :D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, it would be sweet to have a true dual exhaust setup. Youve already got two cats, all you need to do is bend some pipe and fit it all under there. And never go offroad again.. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
was quoted $400 from a local exhaust guy for piping them two flowmasters for me. I thought it was too expensive, but I think it is reasonable.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
Unlimited, If you are considering having an aftermarket muffler or exhaust system installed, check out Hoglers exhaust in Richmond. They have been in business for a very long time and I have used them for my Mini's, 1967 and 1976 Camaro, 1967 Mercury Monterey, 1975 F350 4X4 Mutant Truck!
And a 1978 Plymouth Fury 440 Police Interceptor (ex Freeway patrol) with custom made headers which used 3 inch primaries and massive 6 inch collectors ($1200.00) and 5 inch straight exhaust pipes (No mufflers! An additional $750.00) This car had around 550 rear wheel horse power.
If you just put your foot to the floor the car would just smoke the tires until you let off the gas! Boy that car was fun to drive! Good for an honest 155 miles per hour! I had one of my cop friends clock me early one morning with his radar on highway 99!
And many other projects. His work is awesome.

I am researching weather or not a dual exhaust on our KJ would be worth while. As in add some power. If the power level were to stay the same across the power curve then it really wouldn't be worth while...But it sure would sound wicked, especially with some high quality mufflers. Not to mention look mean with some 5 or 6 inch exhaust Bologna cut tips!

But anyway, something to consider.

Cheers

Ry'

OldBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dual tailpipes does not do anything, however dual mufflers will do very nice! :D

I understand that, I just wasn't sure if there's room for a true dual.

yea, it would be sweet to have a true dual exhaust setup. Youve already got two cats, all you need to do is bend some pipe and fit it all under there. And never go offroad again.. :)

THAT'S what I was afraid of!!