What Kind of MPG can You get with KY Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
Just ran my first fill up on the beast, took it easy on her too got 17 1/2 mpg. Thought I would get a t least 18 , 19.most driving was freeway ...Is that most people get? wasn't all freeway tho.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ran my first fill up on the beast, took it easy on her too got 17 1/2 mpg. Thought I would get a t least 18 , 19.most driving was freeway ...Is that most people get? wasn't all freeway tho.

A KY or KJ LOL
Just messing with ya
Lot depends on maintenance, how often plugs are changed, diff fluids how you drive etc
But around town and highway combined 17-18 is about average
I get 21-22 on the highway at 75 plus with my 04. My 03 which is stock for another week gets 20 or so but I have some more things to do to her
Here is what I'm pushing down the road
one on right ( my 04 ) gets like i said 21-22 easy on the interstates
My 03 on the right does good now but we'll see what happens in the next week :happy175:
You must be registered for see images attach

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
KY? What was I thinking it wasn't jeeps.. anyway what plugs you running .New ones would help its got 53000 miles probley ones that came with them. Been serviced at the dealer new oil filter all that.Like to do that stuff myself.. but bought the bumber to bumber 3 years 36000 mile woranty free oil changes for the life of rig...plan on having it a long time love it so far... nice pic of you jeep like the black color.

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2WD so its a little skewed but roughly on a good day 24mpg, my combined is about 20 right now.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My driving is almost exactly split 50-50 between open highway and often brutal stop and go city traffic. I calculate mileage every fill-up and average 16.5 mpg. On long trips which are 95% highway (PA Turnpike, so it can be hilly) I get about 21-22 depending on which way the wind is blowing.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine was stock I got about 19 mpg with highway and city driving, but since I put my lift on and a little more aggressive tire than before I have not checked to see what I am getting at the moment.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
KY? What was I thinking it wasn't jeeps.. anyway what plugs you running .New ones would help its got 53000 miles probley ones that came with them. Been serviced at the dealer new oil filter all that.Like to do that stuff myself.. but bought the bumber to bumber 3 years 36000 mile woranty free oil changes for the life of rig...plan on having it a long time love it so far... nice pic of you jeep like the black color.

Copper plugs NGK or Champion , nothing fancy when it comes to spark plugs

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
NGK copper plugs and I get about 16-17 mpg, 60/40 city/highway.

I'm quite happy with that.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hell I can pull 18mpg's(highway) with my KJ(above pic) that weighs over 6200lbs.That would be at 65mph and the engine is turning about 3000rpm's(5.13 gears and 35" tires).

City.........................

Well yeah,maybe 5-6mpg if I baby it but I am in Colorado so 6200 feet and constant uphill eats your mpg's fast in stop/go traffic.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had my KJ for 4 months and I do about 60/40 hiway/city on an average tank of gas and I havent gotten more than 17 mpg with average being in the 16.5 range. I have the 6 speed and when im cruising at speed on the hiway the motor is at 2500 RPM. The mileage doesnt bother me too much but more is always better and I see alot of people claiming 20+ MPG. I have new plugs and coils waiting to go in and I will report back if they help MPG. I also calculate my mileage at each fill up.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hell I can pull 18mpg's(highway) with my KJ(above pic) that weighs over 6200lbs.That would be at 65mph and the engine is turning about 3000rpm's(5.13 gears and 35" tires).

City.........................

Well yeah,maybe 5-6mpg if I baby it but I am in Colorado so 6200 feet and constant uphill eats your mpg's fast in stop/go traffic.

Did you ever get this thing back on the road?

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16-17 MPG with 50/50 city highway. I travel 55-60 mph on the highway and engine is always rolling 2000-2500 rpm.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine #1 I averaged about 18 MPG per tank with mixed driving.

Engine #2 0

Engine #3 I averaged about 17 MPG per tank mixed driving.

Engine #4 I currently average about 16 MPG per tank of mixed driving.

All 3.7

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When you drive a lifted 2 ton+ brick down the road, or off road, how much mileage can you expect?
55198[/ATTACH]"]

Keep the charge card handy, even a Gerry can :icon_lol: And enjoy the Jeep! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• F%20MPG.jpg
    F%20MPG.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you drive a lifted 2 ton+ brick down the road, or off road, how much mileage can you expect?
55200[/ATTACH]"]

Keep the charge card handy, even a Gerry can :icon_lol: And enjoy the Jeep! :gr_grin:

Even on a Jeep Liberty!

Attachments

• F%20MPG.jpg
    F%20MPG.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
Sounds like 17 being the norm.. That's what you get being a 4 wheel drive not a all wheel drive,still glade I got the Lib. still better than my 76 chevy 4x4 that get 13. And I am inform that its her, rig shell decide when we go fourwheelin in it. Oh would I like to lift it and put big tires on it.

Latest posts

Members online