What is the deepest water a KJ can drive through

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratusfear02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO, what is the deepest water a KJ can drive through? Not necessarily in inches, but to what level on the body? This is assuming the air intake has been routed higher. How would the electronics take to being submerged?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some Cherokee run with water over the hood. As long as you seal it up properly so no water can get inside the cabin all relay box should be fine. My main concern would be the alternator but again...if you wash your KJ engine with water you have anything to worry so I would say you can go pretty deep and give the engine a little bath with no problem.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had mine up to mid/upper grille (not up to airbox level). Not for a excessive length of time, and all my breathers are extended - I wouldn't do it otherwise.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mid grill is about it like Jayme stated
any higher and you get into the electrical connectors, airfilter, etc
I've seen people go deeper with Cherokees as well and also have seen ones hydrolock and not even be up to the bumper All depends on speed etc

I even remember a Wrangler one time ........................well thats another story :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid grill is about it like Jayme stated
any higher and you get into the electrical connectors, airfilter, etc
I've seen people go deeper with Cherokees as well and also have seen ones hydrolock and not even be up to the bumper All depends on speed etc

I even remember a Wrangler one time ........................well thats another story :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

there was this one time at the badlands

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jake1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 inches is what the manual says. I've had mine up to the bottom of my headlights

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
20 inches ???
So how far up on a stocker does that come? Been lifted so long I forget ?
20 inches would just put my rock rails under water :icon_confused:
Bottom of the headlights would be over 3 foot
This was over 20 here and it was the shallow part

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't even there.... but I deduced from the tone of a few posts years back .. a vacationing Spaniard had a blast followed by some anxious moments ...:happy175:

Wrong, a vacationing Spaniard had really nothing to do with it. Indirectly but not directly

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't even there.... but I deduced from the tone of a few posts years back .. a vacationing Spaniard had a blast followed by some anxious moments ...:happy175:

Close.

A vacationing Spaniard made the foolish decision to let the husband of yours truly drive said rental JK... to it's drowned-death.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait: Aaron drowned and killed a rental KJ? He never told us this....

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's story is getting interesting.

as for the flex seal, I plan trying it on a cracked boat this summer :p 2 choice, I'll come back with a boat, or I'll come back with 2 paddle :p