What Gas Brand Do You Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use esso only because i work there. I used to use sunoco, but they took them all out of our city.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevron with Techron Regular 87 octane in the greater Anchorage area.
Elsewhere its what it is and like it.
Interesting thing however, we only have 2 refineries in the state. Fairbanks is primarily jet fuel brought to Anch by rail car. The one in Nikiski comes north by pipeline.
Shell, Chevron, Holiday and Tesoro are available around here. The Chevron is 1/2 mile down the road.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is some interesting gas Station names like Holiday and Tesoro (treasure in Spanish)
You live not far from Anchorage, would love to go there one day just to see it.
Must have real winters and the Jeep must get used!
I can see it now.... a Polar bear sleeping beside the Jeep!
Maybe a KJ photo beside a real igloo?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Southern Canada where every other car has Quebec plates (Upstate Northern NY) not far from the heavy snow line .... I mean the border..... I use mostly Sunoco, eh!...:smokin:

(wish we had Chevron with Techron)................

Dave

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some interesting gas Station names like Holiday and Tesoro (treasure in Spanish)
You live not far from Anchorage, would love to go there one day just to see it.
Must have real winters and the Jeep must get used!
I can see it now.... a Polar bear sleeping beside the Jeep!
Maybe a KJ photo beside a real igloo?

Sorry no photos (maybe this winter) I am 25 road miles from downtown Anchorage by 4 lane going to 6 lanes of highway.
Bought the Liberty new in Jan 03. Winter it pulls a 8X10 tilted snowmachine trailer with a 2010 Polaris Widetrak IQ 600 on it. My idea of a vacation is an organized ride from Tok,AK to Dawson,YT. Summers I rent an A-Liner hard side pop up camper from JBER (merger of Elmendorf and Ft Richardson) and feed the skeeters to the north. Alaskans have a soft spot in our hearts for our Canadian neighbors. Good people.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use the local Petro Canada station as so far they haven't gone over to Ethanol like the rest of the ***** gas stations around. Otherwise we use whatever shows up when the light comes on.

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use the local Petro Canada station as so far they haven't gone over to Ethanol like the rest of the ***** gas stations around. Otherwise we use whatever shows up when the light comes on.
What octane do you use? In Ontario the only ethanol free gasoline at Petro-Canada stations is octane 91.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular on Normal Days High test when I feel Fancy. Out here no Supreme fuel has Ethanol anywhere. Petro out Here has decided that they won't switch to Ethanol until they absolutely have too. My Girlfriend works for the Tech department at a Major Oil company so sometimes we get a little extra info on whats going on. Recently tho all the Petro Canada stations around have put up Ethanol free all grades of fuel signs I'll get a picture of one later and post it.

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular on Normal Days High test when I feel Fancy. Out here no Supreme fuel has Ethanol anywhere. Petro out Here has decided that they won't switch to Ethanol until they absolutely have too. My Girlfriend works for the Tech department at a Major Oil company so sometimes we get a little extra info on whats going on. Recently tho all the Petro Canada stations around have put up Ethanol free all grades of fuel signs I'll get a picture of one later and post it.
Wow, good for you.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They are nice stations, IMO. Always clean and nice. Pumps work fine too, they actually keep glass cleaner in the buckets, not dirty water....key pads work good. Gas seems nice too. Then again, anything is better than what's in FL...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a note back from Shell. Their V-Power 91 octane is ethanol free.
Tried some in the motorcycle yesterday....the bike like that stuff!
I wrote back to Shell asking that they put a sticker on pumps to indicate percentage of ethanol in grades of fuel and no ethanol sticker for their 91 V-Power. This should be mandated across all stations.
Chevron station do have the stickers indicating ethanol percentage as well as their 94 octane is ethanol free.
Ethanol lower (84) grades contain more ethanol like 10 percent compared to 5 percent in most mid grades. Just as a note re ethanol fuels,,they like to attract moisture. Which will sit in bottom of tanks. Metal tanks will be effected by this new phenomenon.
So for storage it is now recommend (like motorbikes) or any metal gas tank vehicles that you occasionally use a solid dose of a Marine Ethanol fuel stabilizer to eliminate storage and water build ups caused by ethanol fuels.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrote back to Shell asking that they put a sticker on pumps to indicate percentage of ethanol in grades of fuel and no ethanol sticker for their 91 V-Power. This should be mandated across all stations.
Chevron station do have the stickers indicating ethanol percentage as well as their 94 octane is ethanol free.

Notification of ethanol content is required by law in Wisconsin, I believe it's nation wide in the U.S. At the moment 10% is the most that companies can use in lmotor vehicle fuel. There is a push to increase the maximum to 15%.
I run mid-grade in the cycle, and haven't had any issues with it

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also burn Kwik Trip gas but either buy the 89 octane or 91. I sometimes get a light ping under load and the higher octanes seem to cure that.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
With 15 % Ethanol.....Sudden Acceleration?
The Vehicle may really "RUN" away!!!
41017[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• RunningVehicle.gif
    RunningVehicle.gif
    137 KB · Views: 0

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score