What does everybody pay for their fuel

What grade of fuel do you use

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I saw on Mythbusters, they ran diesel benz with nothing but used frying oil. It ran without a problem, That was incredible. I knew people brew their own fuel, but straight out of pan into the tank was something else!

Theres a guy in my area who's doing that, and runs it in his old benz. Works wonders, and half the time he can pick the used vegetable oil up for next to nothing (if not free) from some of the fast food restaurants in the area. They will gladly give him the old oil, as it cuts back on the costs they face to get rid of the stuff.

2003KJ

Reaction score
LOL............................

"Be vewy vewy qwiet, i'm hunting wabbits!"

And one of my favorite lines from the Looney Tunes movie:

Bugs: "Mehhhh, we've done tree hundred pictchas togetha, what gives doc?"
Elmer: "Well, as is tuhns out, i'm secwetly evil"
Bugs: "Huh, well dats show biz for ya!"

I'm a BIG fan of Looney Tunes, and really enjoyed their movie that came out a few years ago.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.09 Last Friday (it was the last time I filled up), it is rising about 10-12 cents a week, so I expect 3.19 this week. Also home heating oil is about the same price. Portland Maine area.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw on Mythbusters, they ran diesel benz with nothing but used frying oil. It ran without a problem, That was incredible. I knew people brew their own fuel, but straight out of pan into the tank was something else!

If I had a diesel benz, I would only run fresh "extra virgin" olive oil...........well, only until it was properly broke in.........:D

Dave

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in TX and I see gas as low as 2.85 a gal, though I paid 2.88 for my rental the other day. I wish NY was that cheap I paid $3.17 just before I left for TX.. ugh..

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Texas, and the cheapest I could find yesterday was 2.92 at Wal-Mart. Most places are 2.95 and it's typically cheaper here than anywhere else.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$3.59 gal. regular unleaded downtown Oklahoma City this afternoon. $3.79 for super? I'ts finally over $50 a tank to fill up in Oklahoma.

jake1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid 3.90 per gallon of regular on the NYS thruway yesterday. Its slightly over $4 in the city.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for my DD I pay $0.00 company truck
every thing else we paid $3.65 on Tuesday
I think we are getting robbed down here in South Louisiana
we have the oil and have 6 refineries 1 of which is doubling in size yet we still pay close to the same as the rest of the nation
Heck some of them almost literally pump strait to the gas station so no shipping and most of them are with in 200-300 miles of the oil platfroms
when places where a truck needs to drive hundreds of miles to get them gas pays only pennies more per gallon then we do

Just some fresh food for thought for those that want to complain about MPG
picture your fuel cost at $1 per mile or 4 mpg running diesel and that is just fuel not oil or tires or your time just the fuel to run your rig
This is what some truck drivers are faced with
Think about it a 400 mile one way trip will cost you $200 in fuel only
not pay any other bills just the fuel
or the company I work for at our office only we have 3 F250's all burning close to or more than $150 in fuel a week + $400 in the "big truck"
that is $850 in fuel per week
makes me sick because that is more than what I make in an average week
with no over time
but hey good thing is I dont pay a dime for fuel and get to bring the truck home so I can stop on the way home to "pick stuff up"
It could be worse

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
1,24 € a quart...diesel...so that's $8 a gallon...what are you complaining about?

You have a lot more taxes, but where does that money go? (what does it pay for)??

Dave