What does everybody pay for their fuel

What grade of fuel do you use

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Damn, just paid $3.25 and with the way damn gas stations won't allowing over $50 purchase on credit cards... I CANNOT EVEN FILL UP THE TANK ANYMORE...

MAD MAD MAD!
You must be registered for see images

Damn, I hate traffic.

I HATE that crap. Every now and then I run into a station down here thats got a $50 cap on how much you can do in one purchase. So if I go over that $50, I have to let it stop at the $50 mark, re-insert my card, and go through all that crap all over again. I then make sure to tell get the name of the station owner, and call him and give him my thoughts on how he needs to upgrade his pumps with the rest of the world, otherwise i'll go buy gas at a different station where I can do it in half the time.

It was a real big problem back when gas prices first went WAY up, because just about everybody's pumps were programmed to shut off at $50. For the most part though, most of the stations have upgraded their technology.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever seen a station which has a $50 cap on credit card purchases. Seems pretty counter-productive, to me.

$3.179/gallon for Shell 87 octane this morning in Columbus, Indiana, by the way.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wer'e up to a pound per litre for diesel that'd be about 2 dollars over there also when my 2004 2.8 was new it was £22495 so double that as well nearly 45thousand dollars we get ripped off with everything over here .

1 pound per litre? Are you serious? That works out to US$7.91 per US gallon. Good Lord, mate - you need to move to the colonies!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 pound per litre? Are you serious? That works out to US$7.91 per US gallon. Good Lord, mate - you need to move to the colonies!

That's not that bad... In many countries in Europe, it is minimum 3 times of what we pay per gallon here. So, 1 GBP per lt. is still on the cheap side. That's why they prefer LPG or Diesel there. I wonder how long it will take for LPG to come here (if any).. That thing sniffs the gas, and gets you a few hundred miles with a tiny tank! :)

Electric cars? Electric is for vacuums, not motor vehicles (unless it is on rails)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
$3.01 yesterday. :(

I only got $15 and that will do me two weeks. hehe.. :)

Yea, but in 2 weeks when you need more, you will wish you filled it at that el cheepo $3.01 price......the way things are going.

Dave

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, fill it as often as possible because everyday it will cost you more. I am almost to the point of filling daily. I have an 75-80 mile round trip for work so I could do it no problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it will keep going up? I didnt fill up b/c I was hoping it may go down alittle but I wasnt sure. Ill be heading home in two weeks so I guess I should go ahead and fill up if its going to.. Should have yesterday I guess..

2003KJ

Reaction score
So whats the conversion factor on that? 1CPM = ???MPG.

Oh, and does the bunny go "meeeehhhh, whats up doc?" in the mornings when you go to leave?

Sorry, had to ask that one :D

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it will keep going up? I didnt fill up b/c I was hoping it may go down alittle but I wasnt sure. Ill be heading home in two weeks so I guess I should go ahead and fill up if its going to.. Should have yesterday I guess..

Go down? are you kidding? its going to peak to an all time high just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Biggest travel weekend in the year and Big Oil knows we have to travel so get ready to take a hit and add to their record breaking profits. You can also bet people will start complaining so it will drop a bit after Thanksgiving but will spike up again even HIGHER for Christmas. $4/gallon is in the near future, just like $3 was last year at the same time. (blarg)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
So whats the conversion factor on that? 1CPM = ???MPG.

Oh, and does the bunny go "meeeehhhh, whats up doc?" in the mornings when you go to leave?

Sorry, had to ask that one :D

Tim...........I'll bet when he looks in the rearview he sees Elmer Fudd chasing him with a 12 gague.......

Sorry, had to say that....:D

BTT...............And yea gas went up another 4 cents around here......It was $3.21 today.........

And Jeepster , fill that blue pig jeep up, will ya...........:D

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Socks, water will be the next thing to cause wars pretty soon.

I saw on Mythbusters, they ran diesel benz with nothing but used frying oil. It ran without a problem, That was incredible. I knew people brew their own fuel, but straight out of pan into the tank was something else!

Latest posts

Members online