What do you think - Pt2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ya think now?

You must be registered for see images attach

Story

First impressions are positive;

What I mean is, if Jeep was able to sell first gen Compass to even a single person, I think this thing will sell very good. Compass was like a midget KJ with its tail clipped off and with a hump on his back :happy175: now it looks all mature and serious, sort of Lexus-wise looks. I don't know about the rear or the interior, but the front end looks great, makes it in line with WK2, and indicates that it is a part of Cherokee line, not Liberty line.

If they can do something about that trim-less doors, it would look whole lot better. If they keep the price point, it might actually sell.
Expect them at your dealership by thanksgiving.

Moab

Reaction score
Did the Compass replace the Patriot.
Aren't they about the same size?
Just curious

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks a lot better from what I can see in the pic. They will be at dealers soon? I will have to get a better look.

Dave

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I still think is ugly ass hell. It looks like a fcked up WKII!

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
The Compass and Patriot have always been sold simultaneously and are based on the Dodge Caliber. Such designs are needed for CAFE reasons, if nothing else.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Compass and Patriot have always been sold simultaneously and are based on the Dodge Caliber. Such designs are needed for CAFE reasons, if nothing else.

Yeah, there is also a big market for smaller more fuel efficient vehicles and Chrysler/Jeep needs to be a part of that. I hope they sell a crap load of them as it will help keep Jeep alive.

Dave

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
And now that i've seen the @ss its only getting uglier!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is trail rated, plus it looks like it's got more clearance, not that you would take it off road or anything "wheel on the highway" kinda thing, but don't be hatin'.
If they sell this for 15-18k, i don't see why all the hate. I am not saying ditch your KJ and buy this. It is just there, available, and looks better than other crap in same class/range out there, if one wants a cheap brand new vehicle and join the Jeep crowd and too soft for Patriot (I like that too, but in my opinion, they should have just merged the two into one).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Although I undertand Chrysler's reasons for making them, I do not approve.

IIRC: When first introduced, "trail rated" meant that the jeep had gone over the rubicon trail, even if they had to had to stack rocks 10 feet high to do it.

They have changed that to mean that the jeep is basically 4x4. It no longer means what it did, if that meant anything. Freedom Drive II does not have a low range, merely a computer program designed to mimic a low range. Lame.

Up to an extent the traction/stability control helps off-road. But past that point those electronic doo-dads fail and I'd imagine you are left high and dry.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it could do it, I was very impressed with the little I played around with mine at a local off road park here...

Latest posts

Members online