What do you think about this DIY lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not the real DIY lift, but it's the combination of several parts.

I have -04 2,8 CRD Renegade and it's all stock.

My thought was gettin' OME springs and rear shocks. But I'd like to add these:

-1/4 inch strut spacer plate set (Jeepin By Al)
-Longer Front Bump Stops (Tera Flex)
-Longer Rear Bump Stops (Jeepin by Al)
-2 or 4 Rear upper coil spring isolators (debend on a need)

What do you think? Is this good combination?

Is there some bushings that I should change in this kind of set up?

What else?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously is our search feature not working these days? a million people have asked these questions a million times and have been answered a million times. use the search button

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll need the OME CRD springs -OME790s for the front, rear run the OME 948s the rest is pretty much the same.
Have to remember that you can not go as high as the gassers
TonyCRD will chime in he knows for sure what works/ what doesn't !

Aapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need the OME CRD springs -OME790s for the front, rear run the OME 948s the rest is pretty much the same.
Have to remember that you can not go as high as the gassers
TonyCRD will chime in he knows for sure what works/ what doesn't !

OK. Thanks. Let's wait if Tony tells, is there something too much or something that's not fit.

Why should I use some other shocks and struts than originals, is those even longers? Because they stiffer?

I know that this is same diiba daaba that have seen million times but it's my only Jeep and I've bought it with large stack of money, so I just have to make it sure. Sorry.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
stock shocks are usually good for about 30,000/35,000 miles so if you have over that then they need replacing , plus the new ones are way better than stock so will last longer. Yours being a CRD you need the heavier springs.(OME790s) I think Tony is running Koni front shocks, not sure on the rear what he has.

Don't be sorry we all have too much tied up in our Jeeps to make wrong choices, and most everyones is their daily drivers so we have to pick what works great

Aapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30000 miles on stock shocks!?! Sounds like super crappy work! I have 150000km/100700miles on it now ;) I think it's not acceptable if car parts don't last longer than that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NO ONE makes ones that last longer really its like the tires they install new from the factory. They are good enough to get it out of the plant and to you. Then UPGRADE!!!
Not much suspension wise or tire wise is good enough for the long haul, all must be upgraded

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They may pass the test but they still should be replaced, you want to upgrade your suspension, so of course you should upgrade your shocks as well. Why would you want to install new upgraded springs and keep the stock shocks? Does not make sense

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
^X2 mine are at like 82,*** and the coils are about to kiss each other! So ya its dead, done, over with, out of there!

Aapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No! I mean YES! Of course I want to replace them. I'm just thinking, what do I really get with new ones.

So OME rear shocks are longer than stocks and front struts are not? Is that so?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
No you get no lift with shocks! You will get lift from the ome coils!

Aapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. But longer coils need longer shocks. Are they longer? (OMEs)

My Engrish is little bit weak and thats why I have to discuss these same things over and over. Try to be patient...

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Look at this pic! What i got labeled is what need and not need! The OME coils is the 2.5 lift and the Rancho Shocks are the right length you need!
You must be registered for see images attach

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aapo, I am understanding you just fine. Mag's picture is accurate. Front bump stops are debatable, depending on the setup. If you put only an OME coil on and no other spacers, supposedly you don't need them.

Yes, you need longer length rear shocks for OME's - those from a Dakota are usually used. In Rancho, this translates to a 17004.

In OME shocks, I believe the standard OME rear (OME-132?)is a little longer and will work with their rear coils. They also have a longer one (OME-132L) that'll work as well.

For the front shocks, there are no "longer" front shocks, so you'd use the standard KJ in whatever brand you'd prefer. In Rancho, this is the 17505.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME 132's are basically same length as stock, OME 132Ls are the same length as the Ranchos we use