What do you think about my Lift parts lift?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about my Lift parts list?!

Hey everyone, newb here, planning on doing the suspension replacement and mild lift. I've been roaming the web for weeks trying to understand since
there are so many options but like most Im also on a budget so this is
what Ive come up with, tell me what you think and PRO's, please chime in to guide me in the right direction if for any reason Im not on the right track!

I have a 2003 Sport 2.4L 5sp KJ

Heres what I was thinking of getting

OME 927 front and 948 rear springs
Front Shocks - KYB 331017 Excel-G
Rear Shocks - KYB 565041 Monomax for 98-2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4
2 rear upper Iso's 52088707AA
JBA 1/4 Plates for mounts
Teraflex Bump stops
Hockey puck for rear bump stops

Anything else I should get and will those shocks be ok?

I would love to put OME shocks but like I said, on a lil budget and need to
get wheels and tires too!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
save for a little while longer and get either ome or bilstein shocks for the lift...buy once; cry once...not to mention with the amount of lift you are looking at adding you will also NEED (just my opinion. others might say you're fine without them) the JBA upper control arms designed for a lifted application.

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
save for a little while longer and get either ome or bilstein shocks for the lift...buy once; cry once...not to mention with the amount of lift you are looking at adding you will also NEED (just my opinion. others might say you're fine without them) the JBA upper control arms designed for a lifted application.

Thanks for the input, I here what your saying, just thought KYB's were ok and not junk compared to the many, many china made junk shocks lol

I can do the Bilsteins being that was my original choice and budget.
Im still on the fence of the added ISO and JBA 1/4 plate, if the springs alone give me at least 2"+ Ill be happy with that, its my DD and will only see dirt, desert roads and fires roads when I do take her off pavement.

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get about 3" of lift with that setup on the front. 927 and 428s will get about 2.5" of lift with just springs alone. At 3" you can get away without al's a-arms, but they're always an upgrade.

As for the shocks, idk the brand well enough to judge. I run Bilsteins and love them though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need new wheels, but good shocks instead and go from there . Ironman are a little cheaper and they are also longer
Wheels later if you think you have to have them

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need new wheels, but good shocks instead and go from there . Ironman are a little cheaper and they are also longer
Wheels later if you think you have to have them

Thanks for the input and advice Tom, it's much appreciated!
Yeah I was wondering if the Ironman set up would be a better choice, for some reason I just thought they ran a little shorter than OME.
As far as wheels and tires, they are a must have, my tires are shot and my stock steel rims are hideous haha but I did score a set of 5 Moabs for cheap ;)
either way it's in my budget to get the Iron Man lift and new tires for the rims that I have.
now with me having the 2.4l engine would you suggest the medium or heavy duty springs?

Last edited: