What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my '04 Ford KA XR to get my KJ. Had only 15,000 on my old one.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Trade in?

Hi, new to the forum. I trade in a '02 Kia Sportage 4x4.
The Jeep is by far the superior vehicle, but it has the weirdest ****** downshifts in any car that I've ever owned. It leaves me with an uneasy feeling sometimes.:confused:

Last edited:

Big A

Reaction score
I recently traded my 04 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab 4x4 for an 04 Liberty Limited 4x4... Love this thing! :)

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I traded in my Pride and Joy 03 electric blue PT Cruiser with many many mods done to it! *sniff* Ill miss you! BUT NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE ME NOT LOVE THE 4x4!! :)

BNJ-KJ

Reaction score
I sold this
You must be registered for see images attach

dang wife wanting more kids. We still have a 98 Z28 so I guess its ok. In all truthfulness, I love our liberty. I don't miss the ss to terribly much.

Reaction score
I traded in my 2002 GrandAm toward my Jeep - I was sick of getting hung up in two inches of snow, snow falling in the trunk when I opened it, inability to see over 6 inch snowbanks (ok...maybe they were three foot snowbanks, but I was always pulling out onto roads with my fingers crossed LOL).....and then.....the snow all melted and we had beautiful weather. Oh well, the next time it snows I am going for a drive instead of thinking up excuses to stay home so I don't have to drive.
drive.gif

jg45

Reaction score
Sold my '95 Ford Ranger XL 4.0 Liter. It was a special truck because it had been built for export to Brazil and then the deal fell through. It had 56 miles on it when I bought it used from the dealer. They had changed out the instrument cluster and all the glass had the VIN laser etched in it. It also ahd a heavier duty suspension under it than the other rangers on the lot. I added a Trac Loc diff to the 8.8 rear end. It was a very reliable little truck and served me well. I did get very tired of the rough ride though.

clmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greets from MN.

Traded in a 1996 GC, still running strong but full of nickel and dimers.

Wound up with a 2004 KJ Limited with 25K on the clock. Bought the remaining 7/70 just to cover our *****.

You guys n gals have great enthusiasm and some trick looking spiffs that have me dreaming of the fun to come.

The wife and I have a 6 year old daughter and we love to crawl fire trails in the summer and camp by tent whenever possible.

I will say that I miss the deep velour seats of the grand. I'm 6'2 / 246 and I had my doubts that I could get comfy in the Lib. Still do, somewhat.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in a 2002 Impala LS with the 3800 V6. I got stuck on Valentines Day last year 4 times...that will never happen again.

Skeeter_Killer

Reaction score
04' Ranger Edge. I was looking for something with 4wd and just kinda fell into the KJ. New to the Jeep family (like most Lib owners) and will never own anything else.

gordymills

Reaction score
97 Plymouth Neon. The '04 Libby was my mother's(babied) and she wanted to downsize. She purchased it in 2004 when Jeep ran their 0% financing. She recently bought a Honda Fit, and I traded my Neon in towards her Fit, then she sold me the Libby with 38K miles on it for payoff($8K) I just put 5 Bridgestone Deuler APT's 235/70R16's and I couldnt be happier with the car.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
97 Plymouth Neon. The '04 Libby was my mother's(babied) and she wanted to downsize. She purchased it in 2004 when Jeep ran their 0% financing. She recently bought a Honda Fit, and I traded my Neon in towards her Fit, then she sold me the Libby with 38K miles on it for payoff($8K) I just put 5 Bridgestone Deuler APT's 235/70R16's and I couldnt be happier with the car.

Welcome to the World of Jeeps.......it's a Jeep - not a car - when you start to appreciate what it is capable of, then you will know the difference. Then "the Jeep Bug" will bite and you will be looking at mods.....haha.

That was a fantastic deal. You know how it was cared for and you got it for payoff. Can't do any better than that.

Welcome to the board too. This is a good place.

Dave

Rush345

Reaction score
'95 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a thrown timing chain. Push pull or drag sale only I got draged. Spent the next 3 weeks getting things fixed or rebuilt and then having to fight with the stealership for my money back. Finally bought a spare tire cover and went to s fabric/ sewing store and got some peel and stick embroidered letters. spelled out "***** By Medved"
on the spare cover and showed it to the General Manager and Owner. They cheerfully refunded all my expences from date of purchase:D :D :D