What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly I can’t do RWD any more, I’m full time all the time… but 4 wheel drifting is a close second :cool:

I lived in East Van (1st & Commercial) in the early 90’s and stared at those mountains daily on my walk to work! Even saw the northern lights over them one bizarre night. Love that city!
Yeah that area is good. I prefer 1st and nanaimo area though. Much quieter at night time.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got me one them single burner multi-fuel portable stoves and a different sink/potable water system as holiday gifts. Also picked up a folding swing gate table/shelf combo.
New solar trickle charge system arrives today.
Against my better judgement, is easier/safer to have the stealership install the Mopar high mount snorkel I have sitting here. I'd DIY it, but am afraid to mess up cutting the hood. 200$ well spent methinks.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post up some pics and links for the stove and sink/potable water system and those other goodies? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got me one them single burner multi-fuel portable stoves and a different sink/potable water system as holiday gifts. Also picked up a folding swing gate table/shelf combo.
New solar trickle charge system arrives today.
Against my better judgement, is easier/safer to have the stealership install the Mopar high mount snorkel I have sitting here. I'd DIY it, but am afraid to mess up cutting the hood. 200$ well spent methinks.
Thats actually a good call. If its a Mopar add on, they will have all up to date install info and if a moron ***** it up, way easier to get compensation since its a Mopar add on.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Can you post up some pics and links for the stove and sink/potable water system and those other goodies? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
Stove is this guy from Amazon, have wanted one for quite some time.
You must be registered for see images attach

For water, Got the Dometic rechargeable magnetic faucet and the 11L reservoir. They are available from multiple sources with varying prices.(Amazon had best price most recently.) Faucet magnets to the "cup holder" divot on the wrangler swing gate.
Settled on this swing gate table/shelves via Amazon I bought and returned about a half dozen different ones which were mostly variations of a hinge and two strings for way too much money. Hypothetically will work on a liberty.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stove is this guy from Amazon, have wanted one for quite some time.

For water, Got the Dometic rechargeable magnetic faucet and the 11L reservoir. They are available from multiple sources with varying prices.(Amazon had best price most recently.) Faucet magnets to the "cup holder" divot on the wrangler swing gate.
Settled on this swing gate table/shelves via Amazon I bought and returned about a half dozen different ones which were mostly variations of a hinge and two strings for way too much money. Hypothetically will work on a liberty.
Woah thats pretty nice....... talk about peer pressure

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Unloaded the autobox, liftgate, front panel + headlight bezels, a light switch - & an ashtray, for 3 XJ's that I'd driven 550 miles on Christmas Eve for.

In fairness the KJ acquitted itself very well, apart from the disappointing mpg but now makes a seriously disconcerting noise, & shows a certain reluctance to move, in reverse. The noise seems to be coming from the left front hub but prime suspect is the left rear brake which seems to bind intermittently. I got the parts, but when I came to remove the wheel, it spun freely, which was all the excuse I needed, considering the weather.

p.s. that was all on Boxing Day (that's the 2nd day of the Christmas public holiday in the UK - except Scotland) but looks like I fell asleep before posting it: late at night after all that exertion!

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unloaded the autobox, liftgate, front panel + headlight bezels, a light switch - & an ashtray, for 3 XJ's that I'd driven 550 miles on Christmas Eve for.

In fairness the KJ acquitted itself very well, apart from the disappointing mpg but now makes a seriously disconcerting noise, & shows a certain reluctance to move, in reverse. The noise seems to be coming from the left front hub but prime suspect is the left rear brake which seems to bind intermittently. I got the parts, but when I came to remove the wheel, it spun freely, which was all the excuse I needed, considering the weather.

p.s. that was all on Boxing Day (that's the 2nd day of the Christmas public holiday in the UK - except Scotland) but looks like I fell asleep before posting it: late at night after all that exertion!
Mine did that, the caliper piston had sized solid, I had a spare new looking one I popped on, that jammed the next time I used the Jeep, luckily all it needed was the piston popped out and a good clean, if the rubber seal groove is full of muck it won't pull back.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's entertainment was swapping drivers door mirrors, a lunatic came flying down a country lane and smashed into my mirror. Hopefully his new KIA mirror is in a similar state to my ancient Jeep mirror, bet his will cost him more to replace. Glad I have a second Jeep to borrow bits off.

ccg2301

Reaction score

Haha actually here in Scotland we also get Boxing Day as the 2nd day of the Christmas public holiday just like in the rest of the UK.

ccg2301

Reaction score
I stand corrected, did you get Boxing Day when we got New Year's Day?

A garage would be nice, even without electricity.
Not sure when England got New Years day but we've had both the 2 Xmas and 2 New Year since 1974 (a bit before I was born lol) but Scotland had already started to harmonised the days on which they are off with those in England and Wales, as per
Schedule 1 to the 1971 Act that states that the following days are official holidays in Scotland (Boxing day added 1974): Giving Scotland a total now of 9 holidays a year. Yes a garage is really nice, even the small one here, but I still miss my 3 car garage I had while I lived and worked in Canada as was the cheaper gas lol but not the 6 + feet of snow each winter haha.

DateName
1 JanuaryNew Year's Day
2 January2nd January
variableGood Friday
First Monday in MayEarly May bank holiday
Last Monday in MaySpring bank holiday
First Monday in AugustSummer bank holiday
30 NovemberSt. Andrew's Day
25 DecemberChristmas Day
26 DecemberBoxing Day
Total9

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need more than a garage.
I used to have the perfect thing, but the town is run by ********, so now I don't.
what i now need is a couple 8.5x20 trailers.