What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Pulled the Skid Row engine plate off Bert. Searching for a replacement quarter panel to delete the snorkel and Apollo filter. Leaving the lights, roof rack, and sound system intact however.

Not gonna lie- Bert and I pulled off some legendary poop over the last few years. I am pretty emotional

Last edited:

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the Skid Row engine plate off Bert. Searching for a replacement quarter panel to delete the snorkel and Apollo filter. Leaving the lights, roof rack, and sound system intact however.

Not gonna lie- Bert and I pulled off some legendary poop over the last few years. I am pretty emotional
Please tell me you will be the nice wrangler owner that will wave to Libbys since you know better!?!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Parts arrived for the sticky valve. Found a quarter panel at the scrapyard I don't even have to paint to delete snorkel. Kids very excited to inherit the ScienceMobile.

Figured out much of the Rubi's whistles and bells. Is weird to me that beyond painting the grille mesh red, bust surface rust on and repaint rocksliders, and sourcing some crossbars for the roof to haul the Kayak, Really don't need to modify much.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just curious, but why get rid of the snorkel?
Kids don't need it and I can cut fellow a Liberty enthusiast a really good deal on a hard to get item. Same with skid plate. Bert's days of extreme adventures may be over, but that don't mean I can't share the wealth.

Also my kids are idiots and won't do proper maintenance...and the mudmaster/Apollo set up requires regular attention.

One of the reasons I'm giving them Bert is I know how to fix any and everything, but they don't need Aussie Desert Rat tech. Bert will get us all by till those knuckleheads by proper vehicles.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't change you lol. I wave at all Jeeps.
I wave at all KJ Libbys, wranglers, and gladiators, but not much else. The KK isn't good enough unless its heavily modified and I'll consider a Cherokee if its really well built. Unfortunately the Jeep wave is really dying. My dad has a very nice, low mileage, well built TJ Wrangler and almost nobody waves back to him. Waaaaay too many blonde college girls driving nice Jeeps these days. SMH

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I wave at all KJ Libbys, wranglers, and gladiators, but not much else. The KK isn't good enough unless its heavily modified and I'll consider a Cherokee if its really well built. Unfortunately the Jeep wave is really dying. My dad has a very nice, low mileage, well built TJ Wrangler and almost nobody waves back to him. Waaaaay too many blonde college girls driving nice Jeeps these days. SMH
Still cant stand KK headlights. U.G.L.Y.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
So called “jeep wave” is a myth. It’s just the decades old standard countryboy wave. Most folks too busy on their phones to drive let alone wave.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So called “jeep wave” is a myth. It’s just the decades old standard countryboy wave. Most folks too busy on their phones to drive let alone wave.
Used to be as common as vw wave (air cooled of course), jeeps are trendy now, the ones that don't wave are posers or anti ifs snobs. Either way, I don't even want their waves.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Used to be as common as vw wave (air cooled of course), jeeps are trendy now, the ones that don't wave are posers or anti ifs snobs. Either way, I don't even want their waves.
I feel that way about ducks too. My "Go Duck Yourself" decals can't get here soon enough.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear drivers side tyre blew out on the motorway (freeway/interstate). Had no choice but to change it with artics thundering by. I found a break in the crash barrier so was able to pull mostly on to the grass verge with just enough tarmac underneath to put the poxy jeep jack on. Was an experience I don't care to repeat and it gave my sphincter a good work out. I had the tyre replaced and the guys said it looked like it had been torn open by metal debris.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the UK most of the wranglers seem to have been bought up by butch looking metropolitan ladies who like ladies. Its become a lifestyle accessory. They are too angry to wave.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear drivers side tyre blew out on the motorway (freeway/interstate). Had no choice but to change it with artics thundering by. I found a break in the crash barrier so was able to pull mostly on to the grass verge with just enough tarmac underneath to put the poxy jeep jack on. Was an experience I don't care to repeat and it gave my sphincter a good work out. I had the tyre replaced and the guys said it looked like it had been torn open by metal debris.
Glad you and your sphincter are ok after your ordeal! :oops::eek:o_O:p:D

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
&$€%#!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I got whacked by a big rock on my way home from work, today. It must have been oblong or jagged and hit twice. I think one hit my headlight, too. There’s a decent pock-mark on the lens, and I definitely heard multiple hits. Luckily, the inner layer of glass stayed intact.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
&$€%#!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I got whacked by a big rock on my way home from work, today. It must have been oblong or jagged and hit twice. I think one hit my headlight, too. There’s a decent pock-mark on the lens, and I definitely heard multiple hits. Luckily, the inner layer of glass stayed intact.
I saw the feather before reading and thought, that was a serious bird strike!

EagleKJ

Lurking member
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a brand new albeit scratched up ARB bumper for the Liberty. Sanded and repainted the scratches. Next step get it installed. Heck of a deal because of the scratches but everything all hardware etc. included!

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_115831.jpg
    IMG_20230830_115831.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.