What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Quick question for y'all. My sister is coming into town in a couple of weeks and bringing her one year old daughter. She was asking if backward facing car seats fit in the back of the 2005 KJ. I've got no kids of my own, so can anyone help me answer this question?

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question for y'all. My sister is coming into town in a couple of weeks and bringing her one year old daughter. She was asking if backward facing car seats fit in the back of the 2005 KJ. I've got no kids of my own, so can anyone help me answer this question?
Yes, they do. My brother-in-law’s ex had one in hers for her daughter.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my Jeep developed a squeaky kind of noise from the front left suspension on compression and release. I need to pin point it tomorrow, wondering if it might be the UCA.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Today my Jeep developed a squeaky kind of noise from the front left suspension on compression and release. I need to pin point it tomorrow, wondering if it might be the UCA.
start with spraying the sway bar bushings, lots of times they wear out and squeak
then check lower ball joints if you hear it when moving steering wheel back and forth

john e denson

Reaction score
I had a coolant leak I couldn't find. I looked at the water pump several times. Never saw water coming out of the weep hole. The pump never made a noise or looked bad when I ran the jeep at home. It finally went entirely out 1 day. I wished I had taken 5 minutes to take off the serpentine belt and feel for some play in that pump.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
E
I had a coolant leak I couldn't find. I looked at the water pump several times. Never saw water coming out of the weep hole. The pump never made a noise or looked bad when I ran the jeep at home. It finally went entirely out 1 day. I wished I had taken 5 minutes to take off the serpentine belt and feel for some play in that pump.
expensive lesson learned
hope you did not drive it dry

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start with spraying the sway bar bushings, lots of times they wear out and squeak
then check lower ball joints if you hear it when moving steering wheel back and forth
Will do. It seems intermittent. Trouble is everytime its making the noise is when I arrive at a farmyard, and the ground is not conducive to laying down to get under for a listen. (I put that politely but think slurry!)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
So there is now a total of three Libertys copying my build rolling around Omaha. Still the only one with a snorkel...which is the only thing that prevented me from being arrested after a traffic stop today.

As a result, Bert is getting a Mk.5 modification...gauran F'ing tee ain't no one gonna have a clone of my hard earned build.

If rest of yinz on here, game on.

Yep, I'm livid.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
So this happened...yes, is filthy. We keep getting just enough rain to make things damp, then high winds full of dust like a mini haboob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 14

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got around to adding some R-134a and have cold AC again! next up - some electrical testing to figure out why my front light bar isn't working...
I would recommend getting your AC system sniffed in case it’s leaking somewhere. It’d be a bad deal if the evaporator has a leak and you’re breathing it.

Latest posts

Members online