What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the fog light wiring harness for a 2006 Jeep Liberty? I am getting confused

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced wobbly side view mirror glass with Mopar. Took delivery of my new cat back exhaust system from BRExhaust. Picked up a grinder and an impact wrench on Craigslist to help me get into more trouble on the Jeep. I told my wife having a grinder is the first step to learning how to weld. ;) The impact will just make everything I do for maintenance easier and faster.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of you who weld, what’s the best type of machine to start learning? Mig? Tig/stick? 110v strong enough? Thinking down the road, I want to be able to repair my rock sliders where rust is eating away at them. I may also need to weld on some new sheet metal above the tailgate opening (not where it shows) where rust will eventually cause some perforations and leaks (currently flex-sealed). I also have outdoor iron railings at my house that will eventually need attention. Seems like knowing how to do some basic welding would be advantageous.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you who weld, what’s the best type of machine to start learning? Mig? Tig/stick? 110v strong enough? Thinking down the road, I want to be able to repair my rock sliders where rust is eating away at them. I may also need to weld on some new sheet metal above the tailgate opening (not where it shows) where rust will eventually cause some perforations and leaks (currently flex-sealed). I also have outdoor iron railings at my house that will eventually need attention. Seems like knowing how to do some basic welding would be advantageous.

Mig is going to be the easiest to get things going (the ol metal hot glue gun, haha!)
When dialed right and a spool gun, even capable of aluminum with just a dc mig.
Imo though, don't get a mig for plans for aluminum, by the time you invest in the extras you'll still have a narrow range of aluminum to be able to do.

Tig/stick has a longer learning curve, but if you're willing to learn and interested, you'll have no problem picking it up. On the thin stuff you'll have to use tig, but much wider capabilities on the machine. Instead of changing wire spools through the mig, it's as simple as changing out the stick rods or filler. You'll be able to do tig brazing, hard facing, multiple types of metals, and lots of other really cool things even on a dc only machine.

110/120 machines will do just fine for most anything you'll want to do on your vehicle, mig or tig/stick. Unless you plan on getting into a lot aluminum, save your money of the ac feature of the welder, and get a more capable dc machine.

I could keep going of all the pros and cons I've found over the years, but rather than write a huge wall of text you can always ask any specific questions. I welded with a miller 240v mig in a collision repair shop for 8 years, and had various 120v migs after the shop and now have a 120v tig/stick. I have a friend who is a structural welder, I am not in that league of welding, but can sure help with giving my idea on start up setups and intro.

Another big one in deciding will be budget, and if going new or used.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For high end beginner, i really like my yeswelder. only draw back that the settings are metric, but its easy enough to convert. I have a tig gun and the mig gun

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Depends on what you are planning to weld. A flux core wire machine that doesn’t require a gas or compressed air is the simplest option, but has its limits.

Best bet is a community college class to learn the basics, then chose your poison from there.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Ordered an ABS sensor (not from RockAuto because it was too much trouble, found one on FleaBay, not as cheap but oh, so much simpler) but now seems that might've been a bit hasty.

Jump started the KJ (just as well I've still got a running XJ) because I think I left the key in acc position when I was working on it weekend before last.

Finally got the oil filter loose, using a 3-legged wrench & 18" breaker bar; 1st attemp, using my trusty strap wrench opened the 1/2" sq drive up like a flower coming into bloom. Went for a drive to warm the oil up - but only got to the end of the road because changing the axle-shaft last weekend hasn't made any difference. I feel a short drive to the scrapyard becoming an ever more likely event, because I'm still not sure it's worth all the aggravation; I guess I'm easily discouraged now, after a bad experience with a WJ. Maybe I should just stick to what I'm used to?

Last edited:

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So first run with the powertrax no slip..been driving it as my daily and forget it's even back there,now today hit the next level on what I can do super stoked to see how far I can push it now...a dtt is goin up front, gonna put this combo on the Xj and Tj

You must be registered for see images attach

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So first run with the powertrax no slip..been driving it as my daily and forget it's even back there,now today hit the next level on what I can do super stoked to see how far I can push it now...a dtt is goin up front, gonna put this combo on the Xj and Tj

If you can get your hands on an ARB bumper, it will make a huge difference, Plus it looks sexy

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on an ARB bumper, it will make a huge difference, Plus it looks sexy
Yeah they are but they are so sooo heavy and I dont wanna switch up my front suspension,right now it's on point

Dave_too

Reaction score
So after getting "MOST " of the things done I had planned to do the 05 is back in the daily rotation
Guess it had been about 5 months since I drove her
still has a full tank of " cheap gas " LOL
time for some new 245-65-17s General Grabbers or maybe a slightly larger set
That's a great color, Tom.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Finally got around to rebuilding the Parking Brake. Figured I’d reduce some liability before I drop it off to get the **** ABS fixed.

Latest posts

Members online